Colnago Strada SL Ultegra Complete Bike-2015

bikegigolo
bikegigolo Posts: 5
edited May 2016 in Road buying advice
I've been eyeing this bike for a while now. I know that it's alum. and spec'd at Ultegra all around. At $1608.99 from Backcountry or Competitive, I'm wondering if I should take the plunge. I've never bought a new road bike before, only used ones, and I've never spent so much on a bike. I'm a little worried about alum being harsh on my 52 year old body. I'm a fit 52 y.o. I teach P.E. and ride about 20-40 miles a week commute and rec. Rode the Seattle to Portland Bike Ride 3x. The last one in 1 day though that was 9 years ago. Any good reasons to get it or not get it would be much appreciated. That Colnago name was the envy of many of my boyhood buddies back in the 70's when I was a lot younger and I've always wanted one. Now that I an afford it... Just worried about the pounding alum will give my body though website claims they're great at making it comfortable/tolerable. Current ride is a 2002 Specialized Allez. Alum fork and lugs, carbon tubes. I ride to commute and recreationally. When I was at my best my goal was to never let any one pass me. Not so much now, though. Lol Mostly rec. riding.