Voodoo hoodoo commuter

Naz90
Naz90 Posts: 30
edited May 2016 in Your mountain bikes
Hi all going to start using the hoodoo to get to work on will be mainly road use and a bit of small gravel firstly wanna make the bike lighter so was thinking of putting some slicks on and maybe changing a few bits but it's going to be on a cheap budget.
What would you recommend to change?
Bike is standard 2014 model

Comments

• N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,844
    Special price on a few Kojak models, including http://nextdaytyres.co.uk/details.aspx/ ... -650B/1788

If it is 27.5" wheels, like the current model
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • Naz90
    Na it's 26" mate
  • My very first Mountain Bike way back in 1999 was a sweet yellow Voodoo Hoodoo!
  • Naz90
    My very first Mountain Bike way back in 1999 was a sweet yellow Voodoo Hoodoo!
    I love the bike had it over a year now but just not getting time to take it off road so thought I'll use it to commute on instead
  • I'll see if I can find some pics from way back in the day.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Two options for a budget slick are the Decathlon 1.2" (£6-7) or the Schwalbe city jet 1.5" (about £11), for something a bit nicer look at the Conti' sport contact or Panaracer RiBMo for about £25-30 each.

For commuting you could also look at going to 1x gearing as your route (and hills) is predictable, I use 1x9 on mine with a wide range road cassette (12-28). My commuter is a Gryphon hybrid frame with mostly MTB parts and is just on 9Kg so quite lively.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.