planet x ec130 rivet rider aero dilema ect ect

stronginthesun
stronginthesun Posts: 433
edited May 2016 in Road buying advice
at the moment I have a planet x pro carbon which has been great for the last 3 years , looking to upgrade and im considering a planet x ec130 which is being sold for £1500 with full sram force and decent wheels 7.3 kilo . sounds a bargain and looks a treat . anybody got one or ridden one ? and would I feel the advantage of an aero set up or is just marketing .

Comments

• londoncommuter
    londoncommuter Posts: 1,550
    Did you spot this thread?

viewtopic.php?f=40042&t=13063588&p=19859274&hilit=ec130#p19859274

Not that informative but it does look like you're being "overcharged" by £200.....
  • cheers for that not been on here for a while . im in no rush and have the cash waiting so will wait until that deal or a better one comes up again and knowing planet x it will . stll cant find a review on it thou which is a bit worrying
  • MikeBrew
    MikeBrew Posts: 814
    There a bit of information on it here http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic ... -aero-bike not much though.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    I wish I had an aero frame. I had the insane idea of going out for a century in the Cotswolds early this morning, only seven days after the Fred Whitton. Obviously the wind strengthened on the way back, so two hours with wind in the face from Edge hill to Solihull.
    With one of these frames, I could have gone round in 6 hours 16 minutes, instead of 6 hours 18 minutes... those 2 minutes that make all the difference :-)
    left the forum March 2023
  • do look good thou and every little helps . im near edge hill that and sunrising are tough
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    do look good thou and every little helps . im near edge hill that and sunrising are tough

I find them ugly... that said last year we went to see one of these chipper Belgian races on cobbles (Doors van Vlaanderen or ET3, can't remember) and the Katusha guys were on their red aero Canyon frames, which do look the dos's bollox in real life... but only because they are red, people buy them matt black and they look shite
    left the forum March 2023