Powermeter24

53/39alltheway
53/39alltheway Posts: 44
edited May 2016 in Road buying advice
ordered a DA 9000 stages off them over 5 weeks ago and keep getting fobbed off with "we are waiting for the units from stages europe" has anyone else had similar issues?

Considering cancelling if it takes much longer, Stages must surly have these in stock?
Trek SLR 1500 Ultegra 9 spd
Team Raleigh Dura Ace 7900
Scott Foil Team Issue Dura Ace 9000

Comments

• NeXXus
    NeXXus Posts: 854
    Yes but with a SRAM Rival Stages G2. I've been given dispatch date of today and promised express shipping.

Order placed 15/4 so I'm moderately pissed off, if it wasn't for the price and limited sizing elsewhere I would cancel. (172.5mm crank)
    And the people bowed and prayed, to the neon god they made.
  • Just got an email from stages europe stating that all meters are in stock and ready to ship, worrying though is that according to them they dont supply powermeter24 with meters, very concerned now,
  • NeXXus
    From my internet skimming that's just how they operate, I'm more concerned that the same crank is now £7 dearer. I wonder will the original price I paid be honoured
  • Just had a message back, they have a brand new da9000 back from a customer, wouldn't fit his tt bike due to clearance on the chain stay,new g2 with full warranty and 50 euro knocked off, have gone for it.
  • NeXXus
    Nice one, good luck
  • srendell
    srendell Posts: 15
    Good luck, and hope it's all sorted now.

In case it isn't and you want to get out of buying it I've had brilliant service from cyclepowermeters.com - They price matched my Wiggle platinum (12% off) and the people on their phone lines seem to really know what they are talking about!
  • xslbmlqo
    xslbmlqo Posts: 25
    They never seem to have anything in stock. I ordered Stages Rival from them but after the order got delayed I started reading about them and then decided to cancel my order. Took awhile to get my money back too. Atleast they seemed nice and answered my emails quickly :) I ended up ordering the Stages from powermetershop.de and everything went smooth.
  • warrior4life
    warrior4life Posts: 925
    I was going to order from them, after this not so sure.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,139
    fwiw a few years ago i simply added an item to the online shopping cart, but in the end decided against it and didn't proceed - gave no delivery address details etc.

well, i was a bit miffed the next day to receive an email telling me there was a 'contract of sale' and asking how was i paying

i replied saying i had not placed an order and asked them to cancel it in their system, which they did without any quibbling, maybe it was just poor ecommerce software their end, but it put me off going back
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • NeXXus
    Have a dispatch date (13/5) but no tracking information as yet.
  • mgwightman
    mgwightman Posts: 5
    I ordered a Cannondale Stages from them a few months ago, money taken straight away but then heard nothing. I chased a couple of times to be told they had to order it from stages and would still be a couple of weeks.

I began to lack confidence in them and saw a pattern in the online feedback that I probably glossed over before, decided to go with a Power2Max instead so cancelled my order. It took six weeks of chasing to get my money back.

I probably wouldn't use them again.
  • NeXXus
    I'm getting to the stage of requesting refund also...
  • NeXXus
    PM now in their warehouse and has been passed to shipping dept.

I will receive a further email from logistics partner apparently..
  • 964cup
    964cup Posts: 1,362
    Getting the same bullshit. Rival G2 Stages. Supposed to be with me this week (we're running out of week), but no tracking number, just promises. If it doesn't arrive tomorrow, I'll cancel. Fortunately I used PayPal so will rely on them to handle the money chasing.
  • e17blade
    e17blade Posts: 215
    I had the same issue with Powermeter24 for week after week recently. It was always "next week". In the end I cancelled the order.

When I reordered from Mantel for a similar price it arrived the next day, so I would recommend them instead.
  • Arrived all safe and sound, free
    "Ass saver" in the box.
  • NeXXus
    A week today since you were offered the returned unit, the only thing to be impressed with so far with the exception of £
  • NeXXus
    Have a fedex delivery tomorrow....
  • 964cup
    Apparently it's shipped and is now with ParcelFarce in the UK. We'll see...
  • NeXXus
    Arrived fitted calibrated and used :) All good
  • 964cup
    Arrived Tuesday with free ass-saver. Fitting tonight, but all looks good. Their comms are terrible, but their pricing is good.
  • NeXXus
    All I needed 6 weeks ago was a thread like this to put me off, but at least it's been a happy ending