Sunrace MX3 11-42 cassette

careca78
careca78 Posts: 102
edited May 2016 in MTB buying advice
Hello

I’ve changed my 456 Evo 2 from a 2x10 to a 1x10 transmission to save some weight, complexity, bar clutter, etc. The problem is that I usually ride in a hilly area which combined with my general lack of fitness means the 32 x 11-36 combo sometimes gets short.
To solve the problem I’m considering the Sunrace MX3 11-42 cassette. What’s the current customer feedback? Which online shop (with international shipment to EU) do you recommend?

Thanks!

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Uberbike are currently the cheapest for UK delivery, not sure about overseas.

Haven't fitted my 11-40 yet.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    The Rookie wrote:

Did you not want a 42t as I'm wondering if to just get the 40t as the jump from 36 to 42t is a noticeable when I tried a friends bike out.

What chain are you going to use on it?
  • careca78
    careca78 Posts: 102
    I’ve just taken the plunge and ordered the cassette at Uberbike.
    The reviews seem to be pretty consistent and the cost is not big enough to stop me from try it. And as you must be familiar… all parts coming from the 456 already have a destination in an N+1 project!
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    swod1 wrote:
    The Rookie wrote:

Did you not want a 42t as I'm wondering if to just get the 40t as the jump from 36 to 42t is a noticeable when I tried a friends bike out.

What chain are you going to use on it?
    I'd already tried my 9 speed XTR mech (design max 34t) on an 11-40 and figured it was going to be marginal on an 11-42 so went for the safe option, using a ten speed flat bar shifter on it.

As for chain, I'm blagging a used low mileage off a mate to try it out first.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.