Weird stuff you've seen whilst out riding

skiffy
skiffy Posts: 84
edited June 2016 in The hub
Not sure if this should be in the Hub or crud catcher....

As MTBers we often find ourselves in secluded spots, so there's a good chance you'll stumble across someone who thought they had the place to themselves. I've caught a bloke doing what bears do in the woods, and a couple sat on a bench, close to the south downs way, admiring the view, with not a stitch on, and couples steaming up cars windows.

Last night however topped it all for a wtf moment!

Out for a night ride with my mate we were on the last mile and home run to the pub. It was about 10.30 and we had one stretch of bridle way to shoot down before beer o'clock. As we entered the bridle way there was car parked at the top of it, not that unusual but it's a pretty remote spot. After about a quarter of a mile I notice an usual shape in the headlight of my mate who's ahead. Out of the darkness I realise it's a man, semi crouched. I think to myself we've caught a man answering a call of nature. But wait, he has no clothes on, not a stitch (apart from a pair of socks according to my mate).

As we sped passed him my mate shouted out "what on earth are you doing?!", he cowered, trying to cover himself, proclaiming "I wasn't expecting to see anyone!..."

What he was doing and why he was doing it so far from his car is a mystery but it made for good banter in the pub.

What have you seen?....

Comments

• apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    Few years back cycled the Kennet and Avon all the way to the Severn bridge with my 8 yr old son - when we got under the end of the (old) bridge along the riverside path, there was a full on drum kit with a drummer knocking seven bells out of it, as we got closer there were two guitarists too - filming a music video... I wish I had asked them what the band was and where I could download the video as a memory of the trip. Really surreal to see them in such an unlikely setting - they must have carried the gear a fair distance to set up there!
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Bride in full wedding dress posing for photos on a railway line. (luckily disused) - I presume it was for a dress catalogue.
    Didn't see a villain lurking behind her with ropes to tie her to it.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Local loop has an old logging yard we use to sit an have a spot of lunch from time to time. Its a bit out the way but we turned up to find a rather scantily clad lady having photos taken, either some modelling shoot or similar. None to pleased us rocking up with sandwiches even though we made sure we were out of the way an couldnt actually see them
  • buddy_club
    buddy_club Posts: 935
    Ridin down to some local woods, pretty popular with dog walkers as well as bikers. It was about 3 or 4 oclock on a sunday afternoon - there were two cars in the car park which was pretty standard so i started down the trail, come round a corner and not 20 metres away down the path two naked blokes enjoying each others company on a tree. Safe to say they were just as embarassed as i was so i cycled past with my head down and left them to it!
    Framebuilder
    Handbuilt Steel 29er https://goo.gl/RYSbaa
    Carbon Stumpjumper https://goo.gl/xJNFcv
    Parkwood:http://goo.gl/Gf8xkL
    Ribble Gran Fondo https://goo.gl/ZpTFXz
    Triban:http://goo.gl/v63FBB
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
  • skiffy
    dodgy wrote:

haha yeah seen that one, brilliant. You see some sights when the Boom Town Fair is on too.

Seems a fair few people struggling with motivation at work on a sunny Friday afternoon!....
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    Saw a sheep on its back today with its legs stuck in air and couldn't move but was still alive, poor thing. Went and told the farmer in the next field. Didn't look good :(
  • skiffy
    Rigga wrote:
    Saw a sheep on its back today with its legs stuck in air and couldn't move but was still alive, poor thing. Went and told the farmer in the next field. Didn't look good :(

Might have been got at by the same bloke I encountered!
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Interrupted a couple who were hard at it just off the trail once. Another time we got back to the car park fairly late, turns out that was a popular dogging car park, head a voice from one of the cars shouting "my anus hurts". Left pretty sharpish as another car started flashing their lights at us as when we got the bikes put away.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    :lol:
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Well, as of Saturday, a Wild boar gallivanting through a field of forget me nots, very very surreal
  • CoalTheCat
    CoalTheCat Posts: 91
    Coming down from Macclesfield Forrest we saw a car with the engine running... It's a popular spot for people wanting to end it all.. Couldn't see through any of the windows for smoke and thought the worse..

Pulled the front door of the car open expecting to see a body slumped... Except, it wasn't smoke, the windows had become steamed up.

A very surprised male popped his head up from the back seat, followed by another equally surprised male head seconds later..

Said sorry lads, closed the door and went to the pub..
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Fresh water crabs crossing a 'road' (more gravel track) rearing up aggressively to defend themselves to their full height (about 1").
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Rigga wrote:
    There's a poor sheep at death's door and all you're worried about is that the farmer wasn't good-looking?
  • BigAl
    BigAl Posts: 3,122
    A decapitated rabbit on the trail. Nice clean cut, no sign of the head.