Tall and skinny guy: dhb blok - which size?

metalcoholicfreak
edited May 2016 in Road buying advice
Hi people :)

I'm about to buy a dhb blok jersey on Wiggle. I'm a tall guy (185 cm) but skinny (70 kg, 92 cm chest and 77 cm waist). According to the size guide I should buy a Small and the customer service confirmed that. They also added I should get an XS for a race fit. To be honest I'm a bit worried about the jersey being too tight on the shoulders and short as I read some people complaining about that.

Do you have any direct experiences with dhb jerseys? What do you think I should do? :oops:

Comments

• teebs_123
    teebs_123 Posts: 357

I'm about to buy a dhb blok jersey on Wiggle. I'm a tall guy (185 cm) but skinny (70 kg, 92 cm chest and 77 cm waist). According to the size guide I should buy a Small and the customer service confirmed that. They also added I should get an XS for a race fit. To be honest I'm a bit worried about the jersey being too tight on the shoulders and short as I read some people complaining about that.

Do you have any direct experiences with dhb jerseys? What do you think I should do? :oops:

I'm 180cm, 32" and 72kg

I'm a Size small in 2015 DHB ASV, tried a small and medium in their new Ultralight jersey and both were too small. I've ordered another ASV jersey, this time in Large.
    Given their free returns, just order a couple of sizes and see which fits better?

I think (maybe wrong), that they've changed ASV manufacturers and not fully updated their sizing. I should've fitted into a small Ultralight jersey, but it laughably small. the Medium would be just ok for a race jersey...

If I was your measurements, I would order a Small and medium to try
    Orbea Orca OMX DI2 MyO
    Kinesis 4s Di2
  • Teebs_123 wrote:

I'm 180cm, 32" and 72kg

I'm a Size small in 2015 DHB ASV, tried a small and medium in their new Ultralight jersey and both were too small. I've ordered another ASV jersey, this time in Large.
    Given their free returns, just order a couple of sizes and see which fits better?

I think (maybe wrong), that they've changed ASV manufacturers and not fully updated their sizing. I should've fitted into a small Ultralight jersey, but it laughably small. the Medium would be just ok for a race jersey...

If I was your measurements, I would order a Small and medium to try

I'm overseas and it would bit a bit of a hassle to return one of the twos. I'm struggling between M and S as well. Maybe I'll get the size they suggested (Small) and return it if it turns out to be too small. :roll:
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    Hint in relation to Wiggle if it's available. I always use paypal and it defaults to pay after delivery (14 days).

I pay for quick delivery, try on multiple sizes and then return the unwanted ones with Collect+. That gets stuff back before the payment goes out and the refunds cancel out the balance...
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • teebs_123
    teebs_123 Posts: 357
    Hint in relation to Wiggle if it's available. I always use paypal and it defaults to pay after delivery (14 days).

I pay for quick delivery, try on multiple sizes and then return the unwanted ones with Collect+. That gets stuff back before the payment goes out and the refunds cancel out the balance...

Yep, great system.

Customer service is spot on too, they recently gave me £30 voucher for a jacket seam splitting (they couldn't replace as the jacket was OOS, jacket was still fine as it was only a pocket divider) and £80 in vouchers for a Di2 battery that was duff. They didn't even question it or demand I return the unit. Would my LBS have done the same? Probably not
    Orbea Orca OMX DI2 MyO
    Kinesis 4s Di2
  • Hint in relation to Wiggle if it's available. I always use paypal and it defaults to pay after delivery (14 days).

Oh I didn't know that. Good tip :D
  • JesseD
    JesseD Posts: 1,961
    182cm, 85-88kg, 42” chest, 34-36” waist and wear a large in DHB bloc stuff (tops are actually a little big if anything)

If you want a tight fit go for one of their other ranges like ASV etc, the bloc stuff is good but a little more relaxed.

I like it though, my only change would be longer sleeves on the jerseys as they are like a 1980’s t’shirt.
    Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!
  • JesseD wrote:
    If you want a tight fit go for one of their other ranges like ASV etc, the bloc stuff is good but a little more relaxed.

Yeah I know but I'm in love with the colours of the blok range :roll: Besides shorter sleeves means less visibile tan lines. It is an issue here in Italy :mrgreen: