na nah, na nah, na nah, na nah, na na nah
    Tommy Dum-o-lin
    Dum-o-lin
    Toooooo-my Dumolin!

Who is this Dumolin character? :lol:
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,815
    Joelsim wrote:

Arsestana continuing with last year's unsuccessful tactic it seems.

Meaningless mountain stage ends with a meaningless result in terms of the third week.
    This Giro is shaping up nicely.......................for those who thought the 2012 edition was good.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,583
    It will be interesting to see how Suitsou gets on in the GC.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Pelucchi OTL today. Yesterday they sent Brandle back to help him, today it looks as if they didn't bother.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    This Giro is shaping up nicely.......................for those who thought the 2012 edition was good.
    You're judging the meal on the complimentary olives. We haven't even got to the bruschetta yet.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    RichN95 wrote:
    You're judging the meal on the complimentary olives. We haven't even got to the bruschetta yet.

It's Dumoulin's to lose. And if he does Zakarin will win it.
  • RichN95.
    Joelsim wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

It's Dumoulin's to lose. And if he does Zakarin will win it.
    Firsanov is going to destroy all comers. A outsider conquering the odds. A sporting fairy tale the likes of which we haven't seen since... well a couple of weeks ago.

(And I'll hope that Lausanne's backlogs are long enough for me to cash out with Paddy Power)
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,815
    Joelsim wrote:
    Pelucchi OTL today. Yesterday they sent Brandle back to help him, today it looks as if they didn't bother.
    He is this generation's Ivan Quaranta.
    Makes Kittel look like a mountain goat.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Haydn1
    Haydn1 Posts: 25
    Fuglsang > Nibali
  • RichN95.
    Joelsim wrote:
    Worse than Andrea 'Malaysia Truly Asia' Guardini?
  • mamil314
    mamil314 Posts: 1,103
    So, Sky pulled Nibali back in and went to a pub?
  • oldbazza
    oldbazza Posts: 646
    Good to see Tim nab his first GC stage win(not a bad bike either :D )

And "beautiful' Tom extending his lead.
    Ridley Helium SL (Dura-Ace/Wheelsmith Aero-dimpled 45 wheels)

Light Blue Robinson(105 +lots of Hope)

Planet X XLS 1X10(105/XTR/Miche/TRP Spyre SLC brakes

Graham Weigh 105/Ultegra
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Joelsim wrote:

Fabian having a moan.. Who would have thought.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    ThomThom wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:

Fabian having a moan.. Who would have thought.

But in fairness, if somebody attacks when the race leader stops for a pee, then it's right for a big name to say something.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,560
    Zakarin's not very elegant on the bike eh?

And Nibs is blaming the team car for mistiming his attack. Tom suggested that the shark's attack was at the wrong moment...
  • Big up eternal villain Hairplugs. He can win this.
    Giant Trance X 2010
    Specialized Tricross Sport
    My Dad's old racer
    Trek Marlin 29er 2012
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,734
    I've decided I like the shark.
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Nibali: 'I think our tactics were wrong. I maybe trusted the info coming from the team car too much.'

Astana DS Martinelli admitted to @cirogazzetta he told Nibali to attack & therefore left him exposed. 'It was the wrong decision. My fault.'
  • sagefly
    sagefly Posts: 295
    Bugger, damn and drat, an inspired choice foiled by work and British summer time!! :-)
    Turned out nice again!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,734
    sagefly wrote:
    Bugger, damn and drat, an inspired choice foiled by work and British summer time!! :-)

Yeah it was a great pick!!
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    So still everyone talking about Fuglslang, Nibali, Zakarin and not Dumoulin. Apart from Joelsim to be fair. Hmm.
  • onyourright
    onyourright Posts: 509
    Milton50 wrote:
    So still everyone talking about Fuglslang, Nibali, Zakarin and not Dumoulin. Apart from Joelsim to be fair.
    They should be talking about Landa. Wait for the high mountains.
  • dish_dash
    sagefly wrote:

Yeah it was a great pick!!

Indeed. Sorry!
  • sagefly
    sagefly Posts: 295
    I reckon that Chavez will at least podium this Giro, the team are riding for him. That's why Ewen is the sprinter, Gerrans and Matthews would have spat the dummy if they weren't getting protected treatmnent and dragged around by Tuft and Bewley et al instead Chavez has the engines and also the 2 climbing partners to look after him.
    Turned out nice again!
  • dish_dash
    Milton50 wrote:
    So still everyone talking about Fuglslang, Nibali, Zakarin and not Dumoulin. Apart from Joelsim to be fair. Hmm.

It was a good move by Dumoulin, but I'm not convinced that he'll hold in the high mountains... until then I'm enjoying seeing him in the pink jersey! Interviews very well too...

ZEN_6910Aansa-1024x712.jpg
  • dish_dash
    An "interview" with Zakarin
    From his early results as a time trialist, Ilnur Zakarin had evolved to become one of the most promising all-round riders in world cycling. The secret? His wife, Viktoria.

“She is a nutritionist and helped me to do a good and well-balanced diet. I spent around two years to lose 10 kilo,” said the 187cm, 67kg rider. “This helped me to become lighter and stronger in the climbs”.

Doesn't Froome credit Michelle for losing his weight as well. Have to say Zakarin's riding style is nearly as bad as Froome's (minus the head bopping)...
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    dish_dash wrote:
    Milton50 wrote:

It was a good move by Dumoulin, but I'm not convinced that he'll hold in the high mountains... until then I'm enjoying seeing him in the pink jersey! Interviews very well too...

ZEN_6910Aansa-1024x712.jpg

Yeh but he's going to put a minute into them in the next TT. Does look great in pink!
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,648
    RichN95 wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:
    Worse than Andrea 'Malaysia Truly Asia' Guardini?

I'd say he's more this generation's Danilo Napolitano