Small saddle bag

tenohfive
tenohfive Posts: 152
edited May 2016 in Road buying advice
I'm looking for a small saddle bag that'll take a spare inner tubes, rescue box and multitool (Topeak Hexus II.) Lightweight and cheap preferable.

I'm bewildered by the choices. Any idea what capacity I need or specific bags? I'm guessing around the 400ml mark, which means something like the Topeak Aero Wedge or the Lezyne Caddy in either small (350ml) or medium (500ml.)

Any clear winners?

Comments

• on-yer-bike
    on-yer-bike Posts: 2,974
    Arundel and Castelli
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo
  • mrdsgs
    mrdsgs Posts: 337
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310792850683? ... EBIDX%3AIT

£3.99 and 0.35L . I've just received 2.
    Colnago Addict!
  • germcevoy
    germcevoy Posts: 414
    I use a 0.2l. I can cram in 2 tubes, 2 levers, multi-tool, latex gloves and a patch kit. Got it from Decathlon. Clips onto the saddle rails so doesn't scuff up my seat post.
  • dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,222
    Altura Speed Seatpack small.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,031
    Worth getting one with a bit to clip a rear light to as sometimes the bag can obscure a seatpost mounted light. The topeak wedge ones work OK for me - probably a small for what you want to carry. There are probably other options just as good.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    Lezyne Road Caddy, job done.

16468_lezyne_road_caddy.jpg
  • Tiesetrotter
    Tiesetrotter Posts: 432
    Jersey pocket
  • tenohfive
    tenohfive Posts: 152
    No clear winners then. Veering towards the Topeak option, one or two of those mentioned look on the small side if I want to get two inner tubes in there. Brakeburn option looks very cheap but can't find the weight mentioned.

Cheers.
  • SCR Pedro
    SCR Pedro Posts: 912
    I have a smaller version of the Vaude Tool Stick.
    It's superlight, extra secure and can expand if you need extra space, which I haven't yet, as it can hold 2x Innertubes, 2x Tyre Levers, 1x Multitool and Housekeys in it.
    Giant TCR Advanced II - Reviewed on my homepage
    Giant TCR Alliance Zero
    BMC teammachineSLR03
    The Departed
    Giant SCR2
    Canyon Roadlite
    Specialized Allez
    Some other junk...
  • meesterbond
    meesterbond Posts: 1,240
    Flasher wrote:
    Lezyne Road Caddy, job done.

16468_lezyne_road_caddy.jpg

This.
    Note - it is very small so you'll get a tube, couple of tyre levers and a very small multitool in there but not much else.
    Nice and unobtrusive though.