Canyon Endurace replacing ROSE CGF

roubaixtom
roubaixtom Posts: 316
edited May 2016 in Road buying advice
Hi,

I currently have a ROSE CGF in size 55. I have had problems with the fit ever since i bought it and i have finally accepted that i think it just may be the wrong size. It is not a million miles off but even after a pro bike fit i am still finishing rides with back, knee and hand pain none of which i experience on my s works Roubaix.

I am planning on getting canyon endurance CF in size small, I'm 174cm with a seat hight of around 73cm.

Between the 55cm ROSE CGF and Small Endurance are there any huge differences that may make the rose much bigger? I am aware that the seat tube angle on Rose is 74.5 and Canyon 73.5 which will make quite a big of difference with saddle setback and weight distribution. Also the head tube angle is 73 on ROSE and 71.5 on the Canyon.

These are the biggest differences I can see apart from the head tube being slightly shorter on the canyon.

any help would be great

thanks
Tom

Comments

• bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    "none of which i experience on my s works Roubaix."

Isn't that the answer?
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • You could try to take the measurements (reach and stack) of your Sworks and try to duplicated them in your Rose, maybe you can get the same setup using different stem/seat position etc.
  • gaffer_slow
    gaffer_slow Posts: 417
    can your fitter not match your rose to your roubaix?
    (he can)
  • cookeeemonster
    cookeeemonster Posts: 1,991
    If I'd bought a wrong fitting mail order bike the first time I don't think I'd risk it again tbh...maybe get something you can try/be fitted to instead?
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,640
    I ride a 55 frame Rose and I'm 180 cms tall and 82cm inside leg. I think yours may be too big but would prob depend on your body length & arm length also.