Replacement Planet X CT45 Tub Rim

wilky27
wilky27 Posts: 200
edited May 2016 in Workshop
Hi,

So I cracked my PX CT45 rim in a race last week. Long shot but does anyone know how I can get hold of a rim with the same profile that I can build up using the spokes and hub of the knackered wheel? I know these where made in the far east somewhere but I have no idea where and PX weren't keen on telling me. I was thinking if I found out I may be able to order the rim direct? Or is all this just pointless and I should just let go and bin the thing?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Paul.

Comments

• wilky27
    Anyone... ?
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    Difficult, as you need to import one and it's likely to cost more than getting a new wheel. Bike Hub Store in the US should have compatible 45 mm tubular rims from Gigantex.
    left the forum March 2023
  • wilky27
    Thanks Ugo.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    wilky27 wrote:
    Hi,

So I cracked my PX CT45 rim in a race last week. Long shot but does anyone know how I can get hold of a rim with the same profile that I can build up using the spokes and hub of the knackered wheel? I know these where made in the far east somewhere but I have no idea where and PX weren't keen on telling me. I was thinking if I found out I may be able to order the rim direct? Or is all this just pointless and I should just let go and bin the thing?

Paul.

I cracked one about a year ago and got Spokesman Wheels to build me a new wheel of a slightly lower profile. All done postal and without problems.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • wilky27
    philthy3 wrote:
    wilky27 wrote:
    Hi,

Paul.

I cracked one about a year ago and got Spokesman Wheels to build me a new wheel of a slightly lower profile. All done postal and without problems.
    These: http://www.spokesmanwheels.co.uk/

Thanks, I'll give them a bell.