flat pedal

speedyturtlewithedge
edited May 2016 in Road beginners
please can someone recommend me a flat pedal that is as wide as a dmr v12 but thinner. At the moment I am not interested in clipless pedals maybe in the future.

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Nukeproof resin?

You could try MTB section....... just don't mention what you want them for 8)
  • St50vec
    St50vec Posts: 57
    I've got some Chris boardman ones which are smooth one side and clip less the other which are pretty good and cheap
  • Anonymous
    St50vec wrote:
    I've got some Chris boardman ones which are smooth one side and clip less the other which are pretty good and cheap

Very happy for you.

So neither as wide as a V12, or thinner, or as grippy, and not clipless.
    Exactly which box did that tick? The cost one (that was unmentioned by the OP)?

Nice 14th post :wink:
  • St50vec
    St50vec Posts: 57
    Sorry for my ignorance I was just saying that the ones I had although maybe not quite up to what the op has specified have the added benefit of being both clipless an flat therefore in the future be easier to try clipless without needing new pedals. I apologise again and hope that my future posts reach your high expectations.
  • Anonymous
    NP. Sorry for being blunt, but your post was asking for that.

Duel sided (as opposed to double sided) are never a good idea unless you have one bike that you have to use with different shoe types.
  • The Boardman flat MTB pedals on the other hand may be an option
  • Anonymous
    The V12 is pretty thin already I would have thought.
  • DMR says 16mm, thinning towards the centre
    Boardman is 11mm at teh edge, a few mm thicker around the axel
  • Anonymous
    DMR says 16mm, thinning towards the centre
    Boardman is 11mm at teh edge, a few mm thicker around the axel

They are the puppies then :wink:
  • Rollett
    Rollett Posts: 37
    I was happy with my Shimano Saints when I was using flats... Don't know if that fits the bill for your use though having trouble finding its thickness.
  • beski
    beski Posts: 542
    MKS do some good flat pedals, I've got MKS Sylvan Touring pedals which may be thicker than you want, but others in their range may suite better.
    Wiggle sell them
    Giant Defy 4 2014
    GT Avalanche Expert 2006
    Specialized Hardrock 1989
  • thank you ended up with the boardman pedals
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    Carbonator wrote:
    Nukeproof resin?

You could try MTB section....... just don't mention what you want them for 8)

Nukeproof are a good choice, they make very slim lightweight pedals
  • ty great pedals boardman