Dropper post advice

Big_Jack
Big_Jack Posts: 82
edited May 2016 in MTB buying advice
Hi all, sorry to ask what I assume is yet another question on dropper posts. I am sold on the concept now and am lining up my purchase, ideally before my trip to bike park wales on the 20th May.

I like the look of the 170mm reverb stealth, although this, when installed, would basically put me at my maximum tolerable seat height when the dropper is fully extended and the collar flush with the frame.

Based on this, would it be advisable to get a 150mm and have the collar protrude slightly from the frame? I am not sure the extra couple of cm at the bottom would be entirely noticeable?

My other option is to wait and see what the crank brothers highline post scores in the reviews, but this would rule out getting the post for BPW.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jack :twisted:

Comments

• JGTR
    JGTR Posts: 1,404
    Based on this, would it be advisable to get a 150mm and have the collar protrude slightly from the frame? I am not sure the extra couple of cm at the bottom would be entirely noticeable?

Yeah that's fine, it's what most people do, just make sure you have the minimum (80mm??) inserted into frame.
  • Big_Jack
    Big_Jack Posts: 82
    JGTR wrote:

Yeah that's fine, it's what most people do, just make sure you have the minimum (80mm??) inserted into frame.

Yeah I think I will do, thanks for the reply.

Just want to make sure that I have enough drop to get the post out of the way. Getting the 150 feels like the best option, particularly as it's more likely to be transferrable to a new bike.