Continental GP 4000S II tires

patraz
patraz Posts: 18
edited May 2016 in Road buying advice
Hello,
It is time for me to change my old tires are they are getting 'old and tired'. :P I will go for the Contin 4000S II which I will also use for some races and found to be a good combination of low rolling resistance and punction protection. My wheels now have a rim from DT Swiss (R460) with outer width of 23mm (and innner 18mm). My question is which size would be better, the 23C or 25C? The tires I have now (came with the bike - Conti GrandSport Race) are 25mm, but from what I read it is better the actual size of the tire to be close to the outer size of the wheel. Is this correct? If so, then I should go for the 23C instead of 25C.
Thanks a lot for the answer! :D

Comments

• drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    I'd probably stick with the 25s as they fit, will give a slightly more comfy ride and more grip. Aero benefits between 23 and 25 tyres is negligible.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • svetty
    svetty Posts: 1,904
    Depends on the frame you have and hence clearance. I actually run a 23 on the front and a 25 on the rear....
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    +1 for the 25's if you've clearance.