Di2 Issues

teebs_123
teebs_123 Posts: 357
edited May 2016 in Workshop
Hi All,

Managed to finish a ride today in 34/25 after my internal 6870 Di2 battery completely died. I think I've just run it too low and it's died on me, no huge issues..

I've gone to charge it and i'm getting no lights on the charger and no lights on the junction box.

I've tried a different 6870 battery from my other bike, but still nothing (that battery is fine and works ok on my other bike) When the charger is connected to my other battery, it's fine, so no issues with the charger.

Have I just rinsed it completely of charge and it'll take a while to get some charge in and get working again?

Thanks
Orbea Orca OMX DI2 MyO
Kinesis 4s Di2

Comments

• big_p
    big_p Posts: 565
    Sounds like you have a wire off somewhere, have you checked all of the connectors ?
  • teebs_123
    I've checked the battery & shifters. E-tube isn't recognising the battery, so I think it could be the junction box in the bottom bracket area...
    Orbea Orca OMX DI2 MyO
    Kinesis 4s Di2
  • teebs_123
    For future reference, it was the small junction box in the bottom bracket that had failed.

Once replaced, everything is A OK again. I think running the battery to 0% killed it, and without that little unit, the battery wouldn't charge

Exceptional service from CycleStreet, York for getting it sorted. Even the Shimano tech rep didn't suggest changing that component...
    Orbea Orca OMX DI2 MyO
    Kinesis 4s Di2