shortish bib shorts

mattsccm
mattsccm Posts: 409
edited August 2017 in Road buying advice
I need some new bibs. Can't abide shirts that come nearly to the knee, they are supposed to be shorts! Think Sean Yates not Wiggins. More to the point I have short legs. Any suggestions? Was using Shift. First pair were great, second poor quality.

Comments

• mattsccm
    mattsccm Posts: 409
    Shorts not shirts!
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    Old Assos Mille regular were short. dhb Aeron are pretty short actually but NOT the race ones.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • timmyotool
    timmyotool Posts: 172
    The Lusso Pro Gel bib shorts I have are are much shorter than my others.
    Comfy and a decent price too.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Shutt Pro are short. Damn fine too.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • staffo
    staffo Posts: 82
    Endura FS260 are perfect for my stumpy legs :D
  • tangerineowl
    tangerineowl Posts: 101
    Old Assos Mille regular were short. dhb Aeron are pretty short actually but NOT the race ones.

I have the '4cm extra length' Mille, and I reckon those are a bit on the short side!
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Not sure of the budget but the Castelli FAR are pretty good, not tried the latest version though. They seem to get a nice balance on length, not too long on their own but work well with the Nanoflex knee/leg warmers.
  • timmyotool
    timmyotool Posts: 172
    I'd say that the Free Aero's are quite long, but that may be because I had to size up to an L with them.
  • thepeginator
    thepeginator Posts: 147
    My size small nanoflex bib shorts are quite long on me too and I'm all legs, even though I'm only 170cm. I think castelli generally tend to be on the 'longer' side, in the same way the sleeves on a lot of their jerseys come further down the arm than many others.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,031
    OK a bit of googling reveals GB cycles do a short let bib short - 5cm shorter than standard. Bobshop also have some Nalini short leg shorts in but only size small left. You can also get a Giordana model shorter leg bibshort - google "shorter leg".

Quite tempted by some now - risk they'll look ridiculous of course.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    OK a bit of googling reveals GB cycles do a short let bib short - 5cm shorter than standard. Bobshop also have some Nalini short leg shorts in but only size small left. You can also get a Giordana model shorter leg bibshort - google "shorter leg".

Quite tempted by some now - risk they'll look ridiculous of course.

I think you forget that to the greater part of the population we all look bloody ridiculous anyway so 5cm of material is not going to make much difference either way. The best thing about really short shorts is that you can get to recreate the epic "Kevin Keegan rides a bike" moment, not forgetting to get your mates to film it and post it on Youtube for us all to share.
  • holiver
    holiver Posts: 729
    timmyotool wrote:
    The Lusso Pro Gel bib shorts I have are are much shorter than my others.
    Comfy and a decent price too.
    I am 1.8m tall and use Lusso Pro Gel and Carbon in medium. The legs are long on me compared to my Howies bibs.
  • lesfirth
    lesfirth Posts: 1,382
    Does anyone have a suggestion to update this topic? I have tried several new bibshorts but they have longer legs than I want. I do not think I am deformed or overweight but even those too tight around my hips are too long.