Cheng Watch 2016

pottssteve
pottssteve Posts: 4,069
edited October 2016 in Pro race
Greetings, fans of Oriental Break Killers(TM)
Tour-de-France-Cheng-Ji-premier-chinois-a-participer-a-l-epreuve-et-dernier-du-classement.jpg

Summer has come early to the Netherlands, and the first substantial sighting has been made of one of China's prize exports - Mr Cheng Ji. Not to be confused with Chengdu, which is a beautiful town in Sichuan Province, or Mount Qingcheng, which is near Chengdu, Cheng Ji is Giant Alpecin's go-to guy to reel in those pesky Pro-Continental riders who just have to get their kit on TV every day in the break. In doing so he is largely responsible for setting up most of Marcel Kittel's sprint victories - pretty much all Kittel has to do is try to stay with Cheng as he ploughs through mile after mile of countryside with his nose in the wind.

If you are a fan of the Beast from the East (TM), feel free to post pictures, sightings and stories here. But be quick, as he usually sinks without trace in the last 30km of any stage, only to resurface at the start of the next day like a phoenix from the ashes.

GO CHENG 2016!!!
Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs

Comments

• shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    Not to be confused with Chengdu, which is a beautiful town in Sichuan Province

You've not been to chengdu have you?
  • pottssteve
    Helmut,

It's true that I have never been to Chengdu. However, all towns and cities are beautiful in the People's Republic of China. This must be the case as it said so on state TV.... :D
  • Bo Duke
    Bo Duke Posts: 1,058
    I've been to Chengdu.
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Mr Cheng won't be working for Marcel this year!
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    It's his last season if you haven't read that already.
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    Bo Duke wrote:
    I've been to Chengdu.

Did you find it beautiful?
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Bo Duke wrote:
    I've been to Chengdu.

Did you find it beautiful?

I've been too. Only remember the pandas.
  • Bo Duke
    Bo Duke Posts: 1,058
    I remember being on about the 35th floor of a 5 star hotel and seeing a brand new Jaguar go past down below and thinking to myself how quickly China had changed (this was about 10 years ago)l. I then went to a mountain sky resort for a conference.. a hotel in a dome literally.
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,561
    CORVOS_00026560-093.jpg
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    Joelsim wrote:
    It's his last season if you haven't read that already.

A long retirement spent dining out on that win in Stage 1 of the Tour of South China Sea 2008.
  • pottssteve
    hammerite wrote:
    Mr Cheng won't be working for Marcel this year!

True, but it looked like nobody had told him during Stages 1 and 2 of this year's Giro... :)
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,114
    He's just announced his retirement from the sport.

I wish him luck in his future ventures.
  • Farewell, Cheng, great Giant breakaway killer, and perpetual lanterne rouge contender

You will never be forgotten by the Forum's habitues
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    CvNxrrVWAAAqVcB?format=jpg&name=small
  • I have just seen this news.

CHENG!!!!!!!!!!

:cry::cry::cry:
    Correlation is not causation.