Reynolds Assault vs Flo 45 vs Spin Dark Energy DMX440

NateTheGreat
NateTheGreat Posts: 29
edited May 2016 in Road buying advice
Hey guys!

I'm trying to decide between these 3 wheel sets which one to get. My criteria were : good for climbing (I live in a hilly/mountainous area), hence good for descending and finally good on flats too. They are all about the same price +/- 100 euros.
Does anyone have any experience with any of these wheels? The reviews on all of them are good, but what do you guys think about them?

Thanks.

Comments

• sopworth
    sopworth Posts: 191
    I don't have experience of either wheel, I have however, purchased a disc wheel from Flo. I raced all last tri season on it and it's been superb. They are a good company to deal with as my initial disc was misplaced at customs in the UK after I had a card to say it was there. The depot 'lost' it. I contacted Flo and they sent another within days.
    I'll be interested to see if the Flo 45 are any good as I would buy from them again.
    Hope this helps?
    S
  • sopworth wrote:
    I don't have experience of either wheel, I have however, purchased a disc wheel from Flo. I raced all last tri season on it and it's been superb. They are a good company to deal with as my initial disc was misplaced at customs in the UK after I had a card to say it was there. The depot 'lost' it. I contacted Flo and they sent another within days.
    I'll be interested to see if the Flo 45 are any good as I would buy from them again.
    Hope this helps?
    S

Seems like Flo has a good customer service. That's always a good thing when it comes to wheels. You helped me with the company trust part. Now just need the performance part of the wheels.
  • antonyfromoz
    antonyfromoz Posts: 482
    have a look on tritalk's buying advice forum for discussion on Flo wheels - I haven't been on there for a year or so but Flo was one of the companies that were often discussed and, if my memory serves me correctly, they used to appear on the forum sometimes too.
  • have a look on tritalk's buying advice forum for discussion on Flo wheels - I haven't been on there for a year or so but Flo was one of the companies that were often discussed and, if my memory serves me correctly, they used to appear on the forum sometimes too.

Thanks for the referral!

Can anyone offer any other insight into these wheels?