Considering first sportiv

2»

Comments

• SME
    SME Posts: 348
    Well done!

I'm not sure what it is, but a lot of people seem to have a bit of a hurdle/struggle around the 60-70mile mark which you have just smashed through... I'm not sure if it might be a confidence/pacing/eating and drinking enough thing. You have already beaten this so keep going to the next challenge, maybe a 100miler before the end of summer!? ;-)

Cheers.
    In two weeks I have a London to Southend ride for BHF, 65 miles, and the ride home will take it over 80. But I have done 80 miles once before.

In September I'm doing London to Brighton and back, around 120 miles, for Cancer Research. So plenty to train for.

Thanks for the kind words..
    And good luck to cremator with London 100
  • cremator
    cremator Posts: 99
    Thank you SME hope the weather is ok lol
  • pilot_pete
    pilot_pete Posts: 2,120
    A shameless plug for our club charity sportive celebrating the Tour of Britain stage 3 starting in Congleton in September...

http://www.cheshiretobsportive.co.uk

Fantastic Cheshire Plain lanes followed by the stunning scenery and views of the Cheshire Peak District climbs including the iconic Cat & Fiddle (which is long, but easy and a 'must' for your UK climbing palmares :D )

All proceeds after costs go to the North West Air Ambulance and the Children's Adventure Farm Trust. A bargain at £25 and the opportunity to hang around locally, sample our 'Avenue of ale' in the town that evening and stay on to watch Stage 3 and see how quickly the pros climb the Cat!!! :wink:

PP