Bike upgrade

kilsh21
kilsh21 Posts: 3
edited May 2016 in Road buying advice
Hi all. 1st post and looking for advice on what upgrade on my road bike I should go for? Budget is about £2500 currently doin around 60-80 miles a week. Have narrowed it down to Gaint 2016 advanced pro 2,
Specialized 2016 roubiax sl4 comp disc,
Cube agree c62 race disc 2016 or
Cannondale synapse ultegra disc 2016?? Any advice on what folk think on which is best or any other suggestions would be brill

Comments

• mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,789
    Think most people on here will tell you that for that sort of money there are very few bad bikes out there if you're looking at the major brands. First consideration is to find the one that fits you best.
    After that it comes down to which one you like the look of more. Which will put the biggest smile on your face each time you throw a leg over it.
  • hsiaolc
    hsiaolc Posts: 492
    For that money I will get the Rose CDX DI2 myself.
  • hsiaolc
    hsiaolc Posts: 492

But right now I am looking at the Trek Domane SLR Disc
  • arthur_scrimshaw
    arthur_scrimshaw Posts: 2,596
    Are you racing or more of a sportive type rider?
  • Are you racing or more of a sportive type rider?

Like he said, you need to define what type of bike you need based on what you need to do with it. Do you do lots of climbs, so you need a light weight bike? Or do you mainly do flats and need an aero bike? Or do you want something in between the two?

Based on your budget, I'd personally look into getting a Canyon either Ultimate or Aero. Canyon seems to give you the most bang for your buck right now.
    Otherwise you can support your LBS and get less, but help them out.
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    MrB123 wrote:
    Think most people on here will tell you that for that sort of money there are very few bad bikes out there if you're looking at the major brands. First consideration is to find the one that fits you best.
    After that it comes down to which one you like the look of more. Which will put the biggest smile on your face each time you throw a leg over it.

This would be my advice. Also make a list of must haves.
  • alex222
    alex222 Posts: 598
    hsiaolc wrote:
    I'd go Rose X-Lite Team Di2, the 6.4kg weight for that price excites me
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,160

Like he said, you need to define what type of bike you need based on what you need to do with it. Do you do lots of climbs, so you need a light weight bike? Or do you mainly do flats and need an aero bike? Or do you want something in between the two?

Based on your budget, I'd personally look into getting a Canyon either Ultimate or Aero. Canyon seems to give you the most bang for your buck right now.
    Otherwise you can support your LBS and get less, but help them out.

Have Canyon sorted themselves out though? Long thread here about delivery problems.

viewtopic.php?f=40013&t=13061894&p=19866692&hilit=Canyon#p19866692
  • Mad_Malx wrote:
    Have Canyon sorted themselves out though? Long thread here about delivery problems.

viewtopic.php?f=40013&t=13061894&p=19866692&hilit=Canyon#p19866692

I have a friend that swears by Canyon and he says that they are pretty good now (he has an Endurace and a Commuter). The CEO of Canyon acknowledged the fact that they were bad on delivery, but it seems they have shaped themselves up or at least are working on their problems.

If I personally were in the market for buying a bike, I'd buy a Canyon hands down.

You have to remember that there are more then the people complaining about Canyon ordering their bikes from them. Out of the 100 people who complain there are probably 5x that have no problem.

And yes if you want immediate gratification then buy your bike from a LBS, but if you can wait a bit, I'd buy a Canyon.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    On 60-80 miles a week? Have a guess...
  • kilsh21
    kilsh21 Posts: 3

Cheers for replying everyone.

Bit of both really that's why I am going for an endurance bike need something for the long miles but with some zip! Best of both worlds really
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    All road bikes are 'endurance' bikes - just buy the one that will make you want to ride it the most...
  • dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,222
    If you want a comfortable fast endurance bike then do consider the Synapse, a member on here has recently built one up and says it is fast and stiff but also a very plush ride, and that is the non hi-modulus frame.