Forme Calver CSX

P.Bateman
P.Bateman Posts: 4
edited May 2016 in Cyclocross
Hi guys,
I am new to the forum, and looking for some advice. I have used the search function but can’t seem to find the answer I’m looking for.
Im fairly new to cyclocross, I bought a second hand Giant TCX from a friend which was a great, however someone decided they deserve it more than I do. Obviously I don’t agree and have decided to but a new one (Accompanied by a much stronger lock).
Im going to stick with a ‘cross bike for the versatility, and I would like to try my hand racing this season.
Ive been looking at used bikes from £500-£700, and found some promising deals. Then I came across the Forme CSX which is retailing within the lower end of my budget. Im no expert when it comes to bike parts, but I do know that this seems like a god deal. Almost too good.
Has anyone had any experience with these bikes? Am I better of sticking with a well known higher spec second hand?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Rye.

Comments

• trek_dan
    trek_dan Posts: 1,366
    I take it you've seen the 56/58cm model offered on Ebay at £560? Seems like a great buy for the money if hats your size.
  • P.Bateman
    Yeah thats the one. I just can’t seem to find much in the way of reviews or test rides.
    I’ll mull it over for a while longer, Im leaning towards buying it.
  • trek_dan
    trek_dan Posts: 1,366
    Whats not to like? Forme are a reputable British based brand. Alloy frame, carbon leg fork, 10 speed Tiagra is awesome and BB5's one of the better cable discs around, its a bargain.
  • P.Bateman
    True, think that was the push I needed!