Classic Shore plus New School (video)

thebikingbuddha
thebikingbuddha Posts: 32
edited May 2016 in MTB general
I got someone to record me on the Shore (Mt. Seymour) riding the trails Boogieman and Boogie Nights. I am showing classic Shore features (Boogieman) along with some new school flowy jump trails (Boogie Nights). Let me know what you think. Has the Shore been dumbed down?

Enjoy

https://vimeo.com/165103007

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I got to about 12 seconds before the sh1t intro and music p1ssed me off.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I think I got to 13, but only because I missed the kill button.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • kickaxe
    kickaxe Posts: 446
    That intro gave me the feeling of needing to punch something live.

Also, totally wrong subforum, needs to be in pics and vids.
    -Cube Acid 29" 2013
    -A new Giant Trance 3 2015!
  • Sh!t Music, Sh!t Intro, Sh!tty Weather, Sh!tty Trails....Everything is SH!T , EXCEPT my riding which of course you have nothing to complain about. NOW, you will respond that the SH!T INTRO and SH!T MUSIC didn't give merit to watch the video which is complete bullSH!T. Have a great weekend, keep safe riding and Keep the Hate alive my keyboard warrior shredders!
  • kickaxe
    kickaxe Posts: 446
    We let you know what we think about it, you asked for it.
    -Cube Acid 29" 2013
    -A new Giant Trance 3 2015!
  • rockmonkeysc
    Well somebody didn't like the opinions they asked for!
    It's no good asking people's opinions and then getting upset when they aren't what you hope for.
    My opinion is honestly that I found the music particularly annoying and the stupid intro b0llocks was just awful.
    To be fair, no criticism of the riding which is just about average.
  • Well somebody didn't like the opinions they asked for!
    It's no good asking people's opinions and then getting upset when they aren't what you hope for.
    My opinion is honestly that I found the music particularly annoying and the stupid intro b0llocks was just awful.

Nothing against your criticisms, I actually appreciate it and it draws more people to view the video which is the goal. However, your delivery is rude and you get pleasure from this rudeness and projecting hate based on your opinions. It is a bit of a sordid lifestyle as keyboard warriors get off spewing hateful comments while shredding away on their keyboards and riding about once a month. If this keeps you happy, keep it up and I wish you the best. Safe typing and don't sprain your fingers, I won't partake in your games any more.
  • cooldad
    Not sure what is more 'hateful'. Jokey comments about your terrible taste in music, or actual personal insults.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    Well somebody didn't like the opinions they asked for!

Nothing against your criticisms, I actually appreciate it and it draws more people to view the video which is the goal. However, your delivery is rude and you get pleasure from this rudeness and projecting hate based on your opinions. It is a bit of a sordid lifestyle as keyboard warriors get off spewing hateful comments while shredding away on their keyboards and riding about once a month. If this keeps you happy, keep it up and I wish you the best. Safe typing and don't sprain your fingers, I won't partake in your games any more.

Did it occur to you that, perhaps, it isn't hate but just an honest assessment of the video? The music was crap, the graphics painful and you're not nearly as funny as you think. On the other hand the riding was O.K. and the location looked great.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • rockmonkeysc
    I made no personal insults. I just said that thr music is terrible, which is just stating my opinion.
    I also said the intro was sh1t, which I thought it was.
    If you left out those two elements it wouldn't have been a bad video.
    There was no hate in what I said. It's often said that I'm a lover, not a hater.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I don't recall calling you a lover at any time....

For the intro and intro music put me off a lot.....the silly stick breaking was....well silly, the riding needed a bit more commitment as well to add an element of 'something' to it, I guess the way you were filming means you weren't carrying as much speed as you would had you been rolling for longer and it showed I'm afraid.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    The video itself isn't bad, but the intro and 'effects' ruin it. They are unnecessary and add nothing to the video. The music is (to me) very irritating as well.
    If you want lots of people to view your videos in their entirety then try overlaying more neutral music and forget the silly effects.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • RockMonkey, Cooldad, Kickaxe, etc..

You guys are right and I do apologize for my abrasive responses. Your responses and opinions are valid and I thank you for the feedback, I've edited another version of the video and will include it in this forum later.
  • cooldad
    Welcome back.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • chrisdouglas
    chrisdouglas Posts: 114
    I've gotta agree that the intro and the slow-mo stuff and little effects, the stick breaking and such are a bit pointless and don't add anything to the video. I do however quite like the music, bit of a change to the usual rock/punk stuff which made it interesting from my point of view but admittedly it took me a minute listening before I came to that conclusion.

The riding was pretty good, but like someone said the way you filmed it meant disrupting your flow on the trail and taking the edge off which is a shame it showed on video. The location is excellent no doubt about it, and I'm sure future edits will improve, there's something about the lighting that bothers me though, kind of like it just looks like a home movie and not a "film" if you know what I mean?

Anyway not bad man, just chills a touch :lol::lol:
    2013 Kona HeiHei - 29 Life

http://www.lakesrider.weebly.com
  • I've gotta agree that the intro and the slow-mo stuff and little effects, the stick breaking and such are a bit pointless and don't add anything to the video. I do however quite like the music, bit of a change to the usual rock/punk stuff which made it interesting from my point of view but admittedly it took me a minute listening before I came to that conclusion.

The riding was pretty good, but like someone said the way you filmed it meant disrupting your flow on the trail and taking the edge off which is a shame it showed on video. The location is excellent no doubt about it, and I'm sure future edits will improve, there's something about the lighting that bothers me though, kind of like it just looks like a home movie and not a "film" if you know what I mean?

Anyway not bad man, just chills a touch :lol::lol:

Thanks for the input. And yes, I needed to adjust the lighting on my editing software. Will definitely keep that in mind for next time.

Thanks for watching and your response.