Pedal help/advice (Powertap P1 style wanted)

redvision
redvision Posts: 2,958
edited May 2016 in Road buying advice
Morning all,

After a bit of help. I have Powertap P1 pedals which i adore, but i have always ridden shimano pedals and must admit i found the keo style cleat a bit difficult to get used to to start with. Anyway, i am recovering from a knee injury and the physio advised me that i needed the same cleat style on each pedal (switching from the P1s on my race bike to shimano pedals on my training bike was apparently aggravating the injury).

To start with i was simply switching the P1s between bikes (the ease in which you can move the pm from one bike to another was one of the main reasons i went for them) but as i built back up to commute in to work (50 mile round trip) i realised they were too vulnerable for any would be thief as you only need an allen key to remove them, so needed an alternative commuting pedal.

So after a bit of research i bought the look keo 2 max. To cut a long story short these turned out to have a faulty axle and so they were exchanged. New pair arrived and i commuted in today but had a mare and the bearings are clearly shot - there is significant play up and down on the right pedal. So these will be going back as well (and i have another 25mile commute home to do with a very very dodgy pedal :cry: ).

Anyway, i don't think i will be venturing down the look keo route again but ideally i dont want to ditch my p1s as i love them. Are there any other pedal which uses the keo style clip system but is more reliable which you can recommend?

Or is it time to switch back to my trusted Ultegra pedals and look for a new pm? :?

Comments