Di2 discharging.

noodleman
noodleman Posts: 852
edited May 2016 in Workshop
Hi guys. Anyone know how to fix this problem. Twice now iv'e been stranded with a flat battery. Fuully charged it before a 65 mile ride yesterday and after my commute to work it's dead again. The only thing i can think of other than a duff battery is the way i charged it. I plugged it into an exposure light charging plug/adapter. It's the internal seatpost battery, if that makes any difference. I have read on another forum that people suggest only charging from a laptop USB port. Not sure if this is true. Thanks
argon 18 e116 2013 Vision Metron 80
Bianchi Oltre XR Sram Red E-tap, Fulcrum racing speed xlr
De Rosa SK pininfarina disc
S Works Tarmac e-tap 2017
Rose pro sl disc

Comments

• drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    Are you able to tell if the battery is in a fully charged state before you set off? I understand its a micro USB port used to charge it, so any USB charger should be fine.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • noodleman
    noodleman Posts: 852
    It was fully charged but completely died. Having got home I pulled the battery out of the seatpost and it was pretty damp. Dried it off and all seems fine although I'm not sure on the best way to stop water getting in there again.
    argon 18 e116 2013 Vision Metron 80
    Bianchi Oltre XR Sram Red E-tap, Fulcrum racing speed xlr
    De Rosa SK pininfarina disc
    S Works Tarmac e-tap 2017
    Rose pro sl disc