Which power meter and where from?

2»

Comments

• aberdeenal
    aberdeenal Posts: 200
    devildawg wrote:
    Just a word of warning for anybody considering a purchase from P2M. My Rotor 3D+ based powermeter had a problem after less than 1 year of use (the spider came loose from the crank arm). P2M immediately decided, without any investigation, or examination of the item, that it must have been my fault, therefore they would not fix it under warranty. I will be sticking to brands I trust in future, and have just bough a Quarq Elsa, because SRAM understand Customer Service.

Was it the Elsa RS that you bought? Recommend it?
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    I've power2max. and a stages. the power2max is super reliable. no issues.

the stages was ( and its a gen 2) and then started eating batteries, it had previously done LBL in the wet and was fine then started playing up. its been warrantied once. I've yet to fit it to the 2nd bike as I'm not sure I'd want to trust it.
  • paul2718
    paul2718 Posts: 471
    I bought a P2Max in autumn 2011. In January this year it failed, the symptom was draining batteries in minutes. I enquired, they asked for it back, I was expecting to be buying a new one at the 'out of warranty' or crash replacement price, but they just replaced it with the new model.

So, in my experience, the P2Max customer service is exemplary, they stand behind their product, and were really excellent to deal with.

Paul
  • cdrewery
    cdrewery Posts: 16
    Had a Power2Max for the last 6 months and it has been great. Thought long and hard about getting a PM as its not a cheap upgrade but it has changed the way I approach training and riding, especially as I've been using Trainerroad over the winter.....