Feeling of lifting off the saddle / burning quads

beasty1711
beasty1711 Posts: 8
edited May 2016 in Road beginners
Hiya,

My other half had a bike fit at the LBS, where they fitted her to a demo saddle. Everything seemed good and she was happy so we purchased the same model after a week or so of riding on it.
We sopped the saddle and replicated the measurements but now she's struggling to get the same feel.
Basically she's saying that she's getting a burning sensation low down in her quads (VMO) when seated and says like she doesn't feel like shes grounded onto the saddle and that when she's pressing down it feels like the force is lifting her off the saddle rather than going into the pedal and sending her forward.
I sort of know what she means, but im at a loss as to what adjustments to try and make to help. Has anyone had this or got any suggestions?

If it helps, her set up is very much geared towards TT / triathlon so she is quite far forward.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Alex99
    Alex99 Posts: 1,407
    beasty1711 wrote:
    Hiya,

My other half had a bike fit at the LBS, where they fitted her to a demo saddle. Everything seemed good and she was happy so we purchased the same model after a week or so of riding on it.
    We sopped the saddle and replicated the measurements but now she's struggling to get the same feel.
    Basically she's saying that she's getting a burning sensation low down in her quads (VMO) when seated and says like she doesn't feel like shes grounded onto the saddle and that when she's pressing down it feels like the force is lifting her off the saddle rather than going into the pedal and sending her forward.
    I sort of know what she means, but im at a loss as to what adjustments to try and make to help. Has anyone had this or got any suggestions?

If it helps, her set up is very much geared towards TT / triathlon so she is quite far forward.

Thanks in advance

Too far forward perhaps. Can you go back to the place that did the bike fit and ask for re-assessment?
  • cyberknight
    cyberknight Posts: 1,238
    Different saddle could be a different thickness and length which could alter fit , sounds like its too low or to far forward .I would put the old saddle back on with the old measurements to see if the fit feels ok then look whats different in the saddles.
    When i went from a stock saddle which was a fizik clone to a spoon i had to put the saddle further back over the BB as it was a shorter nose to give me the same KOPs measurement .
    FCN 3/5/9