Single Ring Crankset

FishFish
FishFish Posts: 2,152
edited May 2016 in MTB workshop & tech
I'm getting a single ring crankset and have been assured that I can fit a bashguard on it.

Well I want to hacve a bash guard on it but am used to concocting a single ring set up using a NW on the inner ring and putting a Hope bash on the outer. ...This approach would not be available on a single ring set up (in fact I'm getting a Zee crankset). Does anyone know if it is correct that I can add a bash guard and if so what its the process?

Many thx.
...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:

Comments

• warpcow
    warpcow Posts: 1,448
    Yes, just add an appropriate bashguard. You'll probably need longer bolts, but apart from that it's nothing special.
  • FishFish
    Thankyou.

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    are you sure with a zee as it's designed purely for single ring use.

I don't know either way, I'd just double check if I were you
  • Horton
    Horton Posts: 327
    Works fine - I've got a Zee chainset on one of my bikes - chainring attaches on the inside of spider arms, and there are flat tabs on the outside of the arms to take a bash i.e. they look like most normal 2x/3x spider arms, just without any smaller BCD bolt holes on the inside to attach a smaller chainring to. They're not curved on the outside like some of the newer 1x chain sets where the bolts go into the spider rather than through it. Have a quick google of Zee Crankset with Bashguard, you'll see it's fine - I can't upload pics from here but you just need to choose an appropriate bash like Warpcow said.
  • FishFish
    welshkev wrote:
    are you sure with a zee as it's designed purely for single ring use.

I don't know either way, I'd just double check if I were you

Thanks Welshkev - this is my double check. I looked at the image and thought ....naaaaash....but on the CRC site there is a Q&A which says you can attach a bash. So hence my double check.