Giant TCR Advanced SL2 or Canyon Ultimate?

288GTO
288GTO Posts: 79
edited May 2016 in Road buying advice
Hey guys,

I'm looking to get a new 2017 race geometry bike this July. So far I've test rode the Trek Emonda SLR6, Canondale SuperSix, Giant TCR SL2, and Specialized Tarmac Pro Race. The TCR was my favorite followed by the Emonda. Since I'm in the states testing the Canyon is not an available option. For those with experience with the Canyon Ultimate can you please share your experiences?

Thanks!

Comments

• gaffer_slow
    gaffer_slow Posts: 417
    don't know if anyone has managed to get one delivered.
  • 288GTO
    288GTO Posts: 79

Anyone?
  • trailflow
    trailflow Posts: 1,311
    Canyon do not deliver bikes to the United States...........yet. They say they will but havn't give any specific date. Unless you plan to visit Germany to pick it up ?
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    288GTO wrote:

Anyone?

there were plenty of 2016 Ultimates in Mallorca v recently and i know of at least 3 Canyon SLX's in cornwall alone that have got their canyons more or less on time, inc mine :)
    there have been delivery issues but nothing like some would have you believe.

if you live in the states than they dont deliver there, fwiw i think the TCR SL is a fantastic bike and would be my choice if Giant imported the XS into the UK,
    also even if you can get a Canyon, they no longer swap out handlebars for the aerobar setup or even the stem in the cheaper model and you cannot spec what length you want b4 delivery :(