Do not use YODEL!

Mattcurrie93
Mattcurrie93 Posts: 49
edited May 2016 in MTB buying advice
Hello,

Been waiting on my new mountain bike for a week now after being promised it will arrive Thursday.

Nothing special for the serious MTB group but for me it's a nice upgrade, Kona precept 130 2016.

Website said wait in Thursday, so I did and got nothing except a calling card snook through the letter box. Delivery then said Friday, nothing. Again Saturday, nothing.

Gutted as I go offshore today for 3 weeks so not guna see it before I go, worried it will be getting damaged in there warehouse. Thing is its 20 mins away from were I live in Liverpool, asked the robot on the phone if I could collect, no.

Just some advice if your buying bikes or anything, yodel are useless and I'm not hoping my bike isn't getting damaged.

Cheers

Comments

• snowster
    snowster Posts: 490
    Sounds like you missed your delivery driver if he put a card through you door he must of been in a rush seeing it was a bank holiday weekend I bet guess you now have two options 1, Refuse delivery bike gets return or 2, get it re delivered and wait three weeks before you can use it! Only problem it's lovely weather this weekend...
  • No he just ran up the drive and posted it through the letter box. Was sad enough to check the camera his car was round the corner
  • snowster
    His car you mean van? Sounds like he was definitely couldn't be bothered if it was me I would wait for him to re deliver the bike and then refuse delivery just to make a point! Guess the earliest you may get it is Tuesday after the bank holiday
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    complain to the store you bought the bike from and make a point of complaining to yodel too since you have the video evidence, sadly not much else you can do
  • dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,222
    The problem is that the online shop you bought the bike from chose to use Yodel as their courier. I would have checked this with the store before ordering a bike online as Yodel have a poor reputation. I take it you did not see the Channel 4 Dispatches undercover programme last year featuring Yodel's operation? When you get it, inspect it very carefully to unsure there is no damage, particularly the RD and hanger.
  • Problem is i go off shore today. So only my grandparent who will be getting it. I've told em to take pics with there phones and send it to me, that's guna be hard enough for them two! Hopefuly it's ok.
    I've been Intouch with wiggle and they are looking into it for me.

I'm gutted as I was really looking forward to a go of it.

Also yeah it was a car not a van so Ino he was Deffo having me off. Absolute joke
  • snowster
    If it was me I would refuse delivery tell yodel to stick it where the sun doesn't shine and order another bike closer to when your due back just out of principal :wink:
  • dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,222
    If he was delivering your bike in a car, What type of car was it, a large estate type? He was probably a self-employed contractor, did he even have the bike with him? Surprised that Wiggle use Yodel, though if there is damage, you should be o.k. returning it for a refund/another bike. Hope it is resolved to your satisfaction.
  • Hopefuly yodel won't deliver that one either haha
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Is this a reflection of Yodel, or perhaps a reflection of the driver.

I've had poor service from them before but more recently the above doesn't occur, to be fair most delivery drivers don't hang about. Parcelforce knocked on the door the other day, I was in the back in the kitchen, dried my hands and walked through to front door. He was then getting back into his van, it must have been about 20 secs tops, my car was out front on the drive and windows open so clearly we were in.
  • I would say both.

There website and tracking system is just awful. Since Saturday it's been saying on its way delivering today. Well it's Sunday and now bank holiday Monday so That's not right.
    Also only way to get Intouch is webchat which is slow and the people don't know what your going on about and the phone is just a computer and I can't seem to get through to a person!

So annoying, just gutted I didn't get a quick go of it before I'm away :(
  • spr000
    spr000 Posts: 24
    Sounds like this driver didn't have the goods never mind not hanging about.

Both Yodel and Hermes have shocking reputations.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Hermes, like Yodel, use independent contractors. I live in a village and our local Hermes guy (and his fill in when he's away) is a pleasure. He know's who's who (we get loads of stuff delivered), is always friendly, and you know when he's around because of the classical music blaring out of his car. At lunchtime it's playing outside the local pub while he refuels.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    The payment model for the contractor deliverers sucks, they simply can't afford to hang around given the rubbish rates, never had an issue with Hermes, but Yodel is dreadful.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • StinkinHippy
    StinkinHippy Posts: 160
    Had a similar thing happen with yodel to be fair. 2 notes through the door when we were waiting at home for the delivery.. Second claiming it was the third notice and they would return it back to the sender. Complained to yodel and it got delivered a week later by a rather sheepish driver.
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    Yodel are very poorly run and operate a very poor service. In the same way as i used to for citylink if companies use Yodel for their deliveries i won't order anything from them.