Brian Smith - Dimensions Data resignation...why?

johnnymcg259
johnnymcg259 Posts: 569
edited May 2016 in Pro race
What do we reckon?
He's brought about a great set of riders in an ethically 'aware' promotional team.........results came ....so er?........why?

Comments

• joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    He said he's now too far away from the riders, and that most of his role was admin.

Who knows. That's the official line anyway.

I also suspect that a career in the media beckons.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    I thought his apponitment was only meant to be fairly short term anyway
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • What do we reckon?
    ....so er?........why?

Is it because J T-L has got his second cat licence ??
  • argyllflyer
    argyllflyer Posts: 893
    An article on CN - interview with Steve Cummings - gave a few hints that implied he wasn't thriving in his redefined role as logistics man. SC states he was shown the door.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/cumming ... sion-data/

Cummings:
    Brian called me on the day of Liege, so last Sunday. It was a shock. It’s sad because you don’t like to see anyone being released but we all thank him for his work.

Benson:
    The Scott may not have been the logistical wizard he needed to become, but as a motivator and someone who could engage with athletes on a personal level, he was and is highly regarded within cycling.
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    It's a shame he's not with them. Lovely bloke, in Modane last summer Jnr asked him for his autograph his reply was "me? What do you want my autograph for?" He then took Jnr's pad and pen, took it on the team bus and got the whole team's autographs for him.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    What do we reckon?
    ....so er?........why?

You don't need a licence for a cat, just dogs.

:mrgreen:
  • specialgueststar
    specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
    Joelsim wrote:
    What do we reckon?
    ....so er?........why?

You don't need a licence for a cat, just dogs.

:mrgreen:

as long as you declare it
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,810
    hammerite wrote:
    It's a shame he's not with them. Lovely bloke, in Modane last summer Jnr asked him for his autograph his reply was "me? What do you want my autograph for?" He then took Jnr's pad and pen, took it on the team bus and got the whole team's autographs for him.

Great story this. Now he's no longer occupied with DD maybe he can contribute on here more often ;)
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    He's got two young kids too. Can't be easy being on the road for months at a time.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,642
    'tis is a shame, but he was only temporary and I did wonder how he would juggle the team role with commentating etc.
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    I think he's a great colour commentator so all good for me.
  • The team is in a bit of a shambles apparently so maybe the management is in a bit of disarray?