28 - 35c Tan Walled Road/Gravel Tyre Recommendations

bmxboy10
bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
edited May 2016 in Road buying advice
Hi All - I have asked a similar question before but specifically want tan walled now. I can fit up to 35c on a 23mm rim and would like a grippy road tyre that could take a bit of light off road use. Looked at Challenge but they seem to puncture easily? Like the Veloflex Master but only goes to 25c.

Comments

• dork_knight
    dork_knight Posts: 405
    I've previously looked at compass tyres and wanted to give them a go, they might fit your spec;

https://www.velovitality.co.uk/collections/700c-tyres
    The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,261
    Panaracer Pasela TG folding
    left the forum March 2023
  • bmxboy10
    Is the tg and pt the same tyre?
  • ugo.santalucia
    solboy10 wrote:
    Is the tg and pt the same tyre?

TG is tourguard, means they have some top banana puncture protection... don't know what PT are
  • bmxboy10
    Turns out they are the same thing. Trouble is apart from one store they don't say if they are folding bead or not and prices range from £20 to £35. If im paying £35 that's top dollar IMO.
  • ugo.santalucia
    solboy10 wrote:
    Turns out they are the same thing. Trouble is apart from one store they don't say if they are folding bead or not and prices range from £20 to £35. If im paying £35 that's top dollar IMO.

The light and folding ones are the 35 quid ones, the 20 pounds ones are the wired tyres. They are not cheap tyres, but they are durable rather than fashionable tyres... if you want something that only does 2000 miles, then look at Grand Bois, Challenge and the likes
  • bmxboy10
    solboy10 wrote:

The light and folding ones are the 35 quid ones, the 20 pounds ones are the wired tyres. They are not cheap tyres, but they are durable rather than fashionable tyres... if you want something that only does 2000 miles, then look at Grand Bois, Challenge and the likes
    Cheers Ugo just weighing up the Panaracer vs the Challenge Strada Bianca.
  • ugo.santalucia
    solboy10 wrote:
    solboy10 wrote:

Cheers Ugo just weighing up the Panaracer vs the Challenge Strada Bianca.

the strada bianca are prettier, but they are essentially big road tyres. The Panaracer are light touring tyres... I think they are two different things and it's really down to waht you are after. If it's the look factor, then go for the Challenge
  • bmxboy10
    Went Panaracer for the extra width and puncture protection plus they get good reviews - The Challenge are nice but they are almost Yellow!