B&M Wiring Conundrum

GeeKay
GeeKay Posts: 11
edited April 2016 in Workshop
Hi

I am trying to connect my new B&M 1Q-X 100 lux LED Dynamo Headlight (what a mouthful!) to my touring bike, which also sports a B&M tailight. The problem is that while the B&M tailight includes two wiring symbols, enabling one to join the live and earth leads to their correct connectors, no such helpful icons exist on the headlight itself. Leastways this appears to be the case, even after close scrutiny with a magnifying glass. This being so, does anyone know what I'm supposed to do? Or doesn't it matter a jot which wire goes into which headlight connector? Many thanks.

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    doesn't it tell you in the installation instructions?

http://en.bumm.de/fileadmin/user_upload ... Q-X_RZ.pdf
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • lesfirth
    lesfirth Posts: 1,382
    If it is an LED light it will matter which way it is connected.
  • GeeKay
    GeeKay Posts: 11
    Re. the wiring instructions do not include any information about current polarity visa-vis connecting the two rear LED toplight wires to the main LED headlight. The headlight did come with a black plastic sleeve placed over one of the spade terminals. This item unfortunately fell off before I could ascertain which terminal it was affixed to. Yes, trial and error came to my rescue in the end, only to reveal a less than ideal connectivity - i.e. the wires keep dropping out, among other hassles. I'm so disenchanted with the setup that I'm going get an electrician friend to either solder the two wires on to their respective spades, or else bin this arcane setup altogether and replace it with proper plug and socket connectors. Welcome to the 21st century, B&M.