Comfy bibs

step83
step83 Posts: 4,170
edited April 2016 in Road buying advice
After some advice if anyone can point me toward some comfy bibs for Fondo type distances. Currently got a mix of DHB classics and some random PX 3/4's or bib tights.

Comments

• crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    I bought a pair of Altura ProGel bib shorts from Evans recently - very impressed with them, very comfy and reasonably priced.
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • Bike pdx
    Bike pdx Posts: 5
    Crescent wrote:
    I bought a pair of Altura ProGel bib shorts from Evans recently - very impressed with them, very comfy and reasonably priced.

Rapha classic.

It's worth the extra investment.
    Risk free trial with rapha return policy and to be honest you won't think of it the minute you take it out . Pro bib gives you more compressed fit .
  • hsiaolc
    hsiaolc Posts: 492
    Step83 wrote:
    After some advice if anyone can point me toward some comfy bibs for Fondo type distances. Currently got a mix of DHB classics and some random PX 3/4's or bib tights.

Look into some thread that talks about this.

I recommend the DHB Pro range now. Best value for money. They have improved miles from before. My worst ride four years ago was caused by a DHB short but no more. I don't know about the lesser range of DHB, I only bought their pro range now.

Rapha if you want some pomp and cash.

Pactimo for some high tech ones, I only go for the summit range and best to get it when it is on sale. It has Cold Black and Raptor material that is waterproof and with Cytec pads. TO get those from rapha you probalby need to pay a fortune. Well Rapha doesn't have waterproof bibs anyway.

I also like Assos. They are great.

I interchange all the of them of the above (some I didn't bother mention) and I am constantly switching between DHB ASV and Pactimo Raptor summit range.

When I want to be flashy then I go on the Rapha.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,581