Which Wheels

romany
romany Posts: 22
edited April 2016 in Road buying advice
I have a Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra which came with Mavic Aksion WTS Wheels on it which I am looking to upgrade. I am looking to spend around £600 max. I have a couple of sets in mind but am open to any other suggestions. I'm not a racer just looking to up the amount of miles I do gradually but am enjoying my riding. The wheels I've seen are Shimano RS81 C24 and C35. Not sure if this is a decent upgrade or not but do like the sound of them. Any other suggestions or comments on the RS81's would be much appreciated

Comments

• mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,789
    Probably worth your while looking through the most recent few pages of threads in this section and/or try the search function. Feels like there have been a million wheel upgrade threads in the last week or two so there already should plenty of info to get you started.
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    Have a look on thecycleclinic web site, some good wheels for decent prices, gives you a sense of what £600 can get you. May be stretch to the BORG50 carbon tubeless??

My RR440 wheels (in footer) were less than £600 and I love em.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    sub £300 Zonda's
    Sub £600 Handbuilts or Dura ace c24 (dura ce don't last though).
    If you want aero and carbon look at farsports and novatec/ bitex hubs built up. google farsports..
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    philbar72 wrote:
    Sub £600 Handbuilts or Dura ace c24 (dura ce don't last though).

I've had a set of C24s for about 5 years in constant/regular use. How are we defining 'don't last'..??