Pro Lite Revo - Destickering!!!

bmxboy10
bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
edited May 2016 in Road buying advice
Has anyone had a go? I tried with a hair dryer :shock: think I need to borrow a heat gun. The decals are quite intricate and I think it will take ages plus run the risk of marking the rim. Decals have to go though I have decided!

Comments

• apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    They kinda work on my bike with the stickers:

26227838300_e9316da24b_c.jpg

Normally I would remove them though. I have two sets, so if anyone finds it do-able, then I will probably remove them on one set that I might use on a different bike. What I really dont want is stickers half way off with residue left behind though - I would rather leave them than have that.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Just colour them in.
  • janwal
    janwal Posts: 489
    Did it on my Bontrager ones with a hair dryer without problems.Make sure tyre is off first though! It does need quite some heating but once you get one edge up they came off ok.Remove any glue residue with " sticky stuff remover" ,got mine from Lakeland shop but you can get other places.Are you sure the decals aren't lacquered over though which will mean you can't remove them.
  • bmxboy10
    I don't think they are decals! Painted graphics???
  • MikeBrew
    MikeBrew Posts: 814
    I thought about removing these stickers(if they are stickers) but, on closer inspection, it appears to be way too much of a faff. Besides, the Black inc frameset is so understated that slightly shouty wheels are kind of OK with it.
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    Thought about desticketing mine too, but think they go ok with a predominately white bike so will leave on for now:
    image_zpsedgsegmt.jpeg
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • bmxboy10
    Ok so Acetone works! Just takes about 90 mins per wheel!