Bibshorts that conceal

jds_1981
jds_1981 Posts: 1,858
edited May 2016 in Commuting chat
Okay, I normally push my daughter in pram and my bike to her nursery which is about 15 mins. In summer bibshorts I find that hairs start to protrude through the shorts all over....
I can reduce this a bit by pulling the shorts but if prefer not to have the problem.

Any manufacturers who do big pads or thicker material (I don't have the problem with winter tights)?
Like to sort something out before it gets warm.
FCN 9 || FCN 5

Comments

• meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Philips Lumea is the answer ;)
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-5l3C_gcCg - shave what you can and then to show solidarity ...

or more realistically buy a really thin and light pair of baggy nylon overshorts that can go straight into jersey pocket when ready to ride
  • cookeeemonster
    cookeeemonster Posts: 1,991
    imatfaal wrote:
    or more realistically buy a really thin and light pair of baggy nylon overshorts that can go straight into jersey pocket when ready to ride

yup what I was thinking
  • jds_1981
    imatfaal wrote:

yup what I was thinking
    I did originally have some MTB shorts that I wore, but didn't remove then and they wore through. Might go back to that. Any cheap offers at the moment?
    FCN 9 || FCN 5
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,592
    A razor and a bit of time?
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    There is a thread about them - with some frankly hilarious and worrying links to mumsnet - from about 10 days back; maybe some deals there. I might be tempted to buy el cheapo football shorts
  • father_jack
    father_jack Posts: 3,509
    Grab your hair leg by the fist then rip it out?
    Say... That's a nice bike..
    Trax T700 with Lew Racing Pro VT-1 ;-)
  • jds_1981
    Grab your hair leg by the fist then rip it out?
    It's not so much the leg hair :shock:
    FCN 9 || FCN 5
  • I wish I hadn't read this thread now, I cannot get the image out of my head!!
  • Like a burst mattress
  • jds_1981
    :evil:
    I wish I hadn't read this thread now, I cannot get the image out of my head!!
    You say you need a picture to envisage the extent of the issue?
    FCN 9 || FCN 5
  • prhymeate
    prhymeate Posts: 795
    jds_1981 wrote:
    It's not so much the leg hair :shock:

The assos equipe s7 pad comes quite a way up the front... bit of a pricey solution, although they are great shorts too imo.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    This thread is useless without pics ....

PS. Keep it trim down there is the answer
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • wolfsbane2k
    wolfsbane2k Posts: 3,056
    Depending on your size, Decathlon had some seemingly decent unlined/unpadded 500 MTB overshorts for £7 down from £15 - I got 4 pairs in the end. Not sure if they are still on offer though.
    Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
    Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...
  • Good god. Man up and get them shaved for heavens sake. You might have had an excuse during the winter, but it`s nearly MAY ffs.

Hairs, protruding, and you think the shorts are the issue , pffff!
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    Who cares? If anyone's actually looking, surely they deserve everything they get?

Edit: You should also be taking her on a tandem. Obviously.
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    You could try Veet...read the customer reviews here (go for the most popular one)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/customer-reviews/R3GDDEL1SC1QQ5/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B000KKNQBK :lol:

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
    Prhymeate wrote:
    The assos equipe s7 pad comes quite a way up the front... bit of a pricey solution, although they are great shorts too imo.

Hope they're better than the older Assos. There used to be a fat angry chopper on a Cervelo on the embankment when I was doing that route, always appeared to wear practically see-through-at-the-back Assos bibs. Not a pretty sight.
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • wolfsbane2k
    wolfsbane2k Posts: 3,056
    Why is it that until this morning I'd never noticed leg hair sticking out of lycra.
    At least it was only leg hair.
    Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
    Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...
  • y33stu
    y33stu Posts: 376
    I have the same issue, although it's not the hair I worry about...... So I just wear a very thin pair of football shorts (other sports are available) on the days I walk him in. I usually put these in the back pocket once I'm round the corner from the nursery. :shock:
    Cycling prints
    Band of Climbers
  • jds_1981
    y33stu wrote:
    I have the same issue, although it's not the hair I worry about...... So I just wear a very thin pair of football shorts (other sports are available) on the days I walk him in. I usually put these in the back pocket once I'm round the corner from the nursery. :shock:

405132.jpg
    FCN 9 || FCN 5
  • igsta
    igsta Posts: 56
    Same issue with my cheap dhb's. Bought some Pearl izumi quest £25 problem solved. Sizing similar to wiggles DHB
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Philips Lumea is the answer ;)

Fixed the battery fail thing? Or is that a market myth?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
    'Thermal' bibshorts are thicker, and the ones I've got (Nalini nanodry, Castelli Nanoflex) I barely notice the extra thickness heating-wise in the summer months.
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    To the OP, if this is you, then I have some sympathy:

hairy-guy-blends-with-couch.jpg

However if you're more in the realm of "normal" hirsutedness, then FFS just clip/shave the offending stuff and get on with it. It's just hair.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS