Boardman Bike Build Help

PJ77
PJ77 Posts: 22
edited April 2016 in MTB buying advice
Hi all,

After many years away from mountain bikes I am keen to get back!

Some 18years+ ago I was a proud teenager with A Klein Pulse and truly loved that bike and rode it into the ground and spent most of the momey I earned upgrading what I could, I ended up with A Claud Butler some years later a s acheap attempt to get interested again - that's sat in the garage for nearly10years and hardly been used just didn't feel right frame was a touch too big for me., so I was lucky to pick up a Boardman Team HT 650B 2014/2015 and am now picking up all the bits to bolt on it now and get back out on the trails :)

I have some questions I really could do with some help on since a lot has changed since I last played around with bikes :O

I need a bottom bracket, the frame (I am awaiting for it to arrive) has a thread in the picture but I am unsure what I should be purchasing BB wise, I have yet to decide on a crank though looking at the FSA Comet 2 ring, as have a Sram x9 shifters and front and rear mechs to fit.

Also What chain should I purchase for this set up 2x10 speed, the rear cassette is shimano but I am told this will work with SRAM ok just not to mix mech's and shifters.

Now just trying to track down a good deal on some 27.5'' tapered RockShox that wont break the bank too much!!

any help on the above greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Pete

Comments