2014 ridley helium ultegra or 2013 Devinci Leo SL?

tri_yyc
tri_yyc Posts: 5
edited April 2016 in Road buying advice
I'm looking into buying a bike and these are both on my roster. Both are full carbon with full ultegra groupsets and I think they weigh in about the same. I'm looking for a race geometry to compete with (triathlons) and will also be using the bike for training. The less comfortable race geometry for training is not an issue for me.

I'm just getting into serious biking so am still not too familiar with the different brands and models out there. I've read lots of reviews about these and they both get good reviews for being good beginner race bikes but I'm wondering what people on the forum here think. In your opinions, which would be better for racing triathlons?

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,272
    As a neo Ridley owner I would like to know WTF is Devinci?
    Get a Ridley, their geometries are ace...
    left the forum March 2023
  • oldbazza
    oldbazza Posts: 646
    You'll not regret getting the Helium,I may be biased being a SL owner though :D .

For a light so-called 'climbing bike' it's even good out here in the fens with the bumpy roads and the wind;must be that Belgian heritage :roll:
    Ridley Helium SL (Dura-Ace/Wheelsmith Aero-dimpled 45 wheels)

Light Blue Robinson(105 +lots of Hope)

Planet X XLS 1X10(105/XTR/Miche/TRP Spyre SLC brakes

Graham Weigh 105/Ultegra
  • tri_yyc
    As a neo Ridley owner I would like to know WTF is Devinci?
    Get a Ridley, their geometries are ace...

Devincis are actually pretty good. They were a small company that started out of Quebec but they've grown internationally now. Not sure how they measure up to the more seasoned brands but in still being a relatively small company trying to further establish their brand, their incentive to remain competitive is still good and this is reflected in their product, as far as I can tell.

They are worth checking it if you haven't already.
  • tri_yyc
    oldbazza wrote:
    You'll not regret getting the Helium,I may be biased being a SL owner though :D .

For a light so-called 'climbing bike' it's even good out here in the fens with the bumpy roads and the wind;must be that Belgian heritage :roll:

Yes I saw that they're good with climbs and being located in the Canadian Rockies, that's probably a good feature to have out here! Thanks for your input!
  • tri_yyc
    Also, thanks for your vote! 2 for 2 for the Ridley so far..