Santini (or other?) Leg Warmers

cyclingkate
cyclingkate Posts: 36
edited April 2016 in Road buying advice
Morning all,

I am just after a bit of advice please. I am trying to buy a decent pair of leg warmers. I like the look of the Santini ones.
The sizes go XS/S, M/L, XL/XXL...so does anybody have any experience and could recommend which would fit a relatively lightweight female please.

Also, if anybody has any other recommendations, that would be great too please :D

Comments

• rowlers
    rowlers Posts: 1,614
    Castelli NanoFlex
    Endura Thermolite
    PlanetX Merino
    All good....
    I do have a pair of Santini too. All do the same job ;)
  • rowlers wrote:
    Castelli NanoFlex
    Endura Thermolite
    PlanetX Merino
    All good....
    I do have a pair of Santini too. All do the same job ;)

Thank you! Would you say the Santini come up large or small etc? :)
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Santini are typical Italian sizing so come up smaller and similar to the likes of Castelli, Sportful etc. Had some Santini race kit a while back - wasn't the most long-lasting TBH, grippers went and had difficulty staying up. Most hard-wearing ones I've got are Assos from 2002 (most others long-since binned) with Castelli, Sportful with decent grippers.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • hsiaolc
    hsiaolc Posts: 492
    Castelli NanoFlex 100%

I wouldn't bother with others.

Seriously. I have 6 pairs from different brands and material together with arm warmers too and now they are both Castilli.

I don't have the leg warms but the knee warmers.
  • rowlers
    rowlers Posts: 1,614
    I think the ThermoLite and Nonoflex are the "same thing"...
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,559
    personally i like the castelli ones

for santini, there's a size chart for warmers here... http://www.santinius.com/sizing-chart/

castelli's chart is here, based on weight, i've found it accurate for warmers...

http://www.castelli-cycling.com/medias/ ... EwNjZlMDM0
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • sungod wrote:
    personally i like the castelli ones

for santini, there's a size chart for warmers here... http://www.santinius.com/sizing-chart/

castelli's chart is here, based on weight, i've found it accurate for warmers...

http://www.castelli-cycling.com/medias/ ... EwNjZlMDM0

Thank you :D
  • Monty Dog wrote:
    Santini are typical Italian sizing so come up smaller and similar to the likes of Castelli, Sportful etc. Had some Santini race kit a while back - wasn't the most long-lasting TBH, grippers went and had difficulty staying up. Most hard-wearing ones I've got are Assos from 2002 (most others long-since binned) with Castelli, Sportful with decent grippers.

Thank you for your recommendation :D
  • hsiaolc wrote:
    Castelli NanoFlex 100%

I wouldn't bother with others.

Seriously. I have 6 pairs from different brands and material together with arm warmers too and now they are both Castilli.

I don't have the leg warms but the knee warmers.

Thank you :D
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    rowlers wrote:
    I think the ThermoLite and Nonoflex are the "same thing"...

They are the same base material but the Nanoflex have a water resistant coating. They are fantastic leg/knee warmers whichever you opt for. The Nanoflex coating does wear off after a shortish while but can be 'renergised' by ironing with a lukewarm iron...but I can never be bothered with that because of the risk of the iron being too hot or catching the white lettering (which you have to avoid or end up with melted crap on your iron).

Anyway, worn mine with bib shorts throughout most winters.
  • g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
    I'm pretty sure Sportful NoRain are the same as Castelli Nanoflex (Sportful own Castelli).
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Monty Dog wrote:

My Santini leg warmers are 6 years old. Grippers fine ( a few short sections have gone but there's a double line of them so still effective) but eventually developed a couple of holes in one leg which I've stitched up while I try to decide what to replace them with on the basis that they are a little large for my skinny but long legs!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • People were raving about the new dhb rain defence ones. I think the waterproofing is better/more durable due to the type of material used.