Prices

the big bitch
the big bitch Posts: 68
edited April 2016 in MTB buying advice
Morning

Iam looking to get a new full sus around August/September time, the 2 bikes iam looking at there is £1200 between. Well the more expensive bike is abit to expensive hence my question below.

I have been told that around that time next years bikes will start to come out so the prices of this years bikes will drop.

Anyone have a rough idea how much they drop by.????

Cheers

Comments

• kickaxe
    kickaxe Posts: 446
    Depends on the original price really. In between 1-2k you can get a good 300-400 off, late December maybe even 500
    -Cube Acid 29" 2013
    -A new Giant Trance 3 2015!
  • Kickaxe wrote:
    Depends on the original price really. In between 1-2k you can get a good 300-400 off, late December maybe even 500

1 bike is £3800 the other is £5000
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Assuming there are any left when you are ready to buy...
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    The less popular the bike the larger the discount.
  • cooldad wrote:
    Assuming there are any left when you are ready to buy...

Good point, if they are all gone I will have wait until the new year.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Not all bikes get discounted, Santa Cruz rarely get much of a discount. Orange are the same and some others.
  • Not all bikes get discounted, Santa Cruz rarely get much of a discount. Orange are the same and some others.

Cheers Rock. Guess I can the Bronson off my list then.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    It's too popular to get discounted anyway but I'm sure Santa Cruz have a policy of not allowing shops to discount their bikes.
  • eric_draven
    eric_draven Posts: 1,192
    It's too popular to get discounted anyway but I'm sure Santa Cruz have a policy of not allowing shops to discount their bikes.

Stif Cycles sometimes have decent discounts on SC bikes,was looking at Bronson's and 5010's earlier this year but all seem to have sold now,but Stif are interlinked with the Santa Cruz importers,Bike Scene had some on offer as well and some decent offes on Whyte's as well,as do Granary Cycles they always have bikes on Pinkbike for sale