what bike do you use for bike seat ?

steve-c
steve-c Posts: 5
have a bit of a dilemma - I pull the trailer with an 26 hardtail mtb with low gearing so can actually move the thing up a hill - but the chainstays are short so when I went to test the bike with a child seat (which I also want to use in cities when on holiday) the bike wanted to wheelie immediately due to weight at the back. Front bike seat not an option.

My wheelie skills are limited ;) so considering a 700cc/29er frame with at least 45cm chainstays. Longer the better. Doesnt need to be a full on steel tourer but does need a effective TT suitable for flat bars. Any ideas for a frame which isnt ££££? All the hybrids Ive seen have short-ish stays too and then its proper money for a Salsa or similar

Comments

• wozza_a
    wozza_a Posts: 7
    I use an on-one inbred for the child seat. It's got long chain stays so my fat arse isn't pressed into my child's face!!

Only instability is when I forget to drop the fork from 140mm to 100mm!
  • andrewc3142
    andrewc3142 Posts: 906
    Yepp, direct mount on a Steco Safety rack, which helps keep the centre of gravity lower and the whole thing more stable. Either on my wifes Spesh Hardrock or on the tandem.

Both work well.

Longer trips we use a trailer.