25.4 Seatpost

MICHELIN
MICHELIN Posts: 12
edited April 2016 in Road buying advice
Does anyone know where I can get a 25.4 Carbon Seatpost from. I have just bought a carbon synapse and fancy getting a carbon post for it but I've been in touch with the shop I bought the bike from and they said that they where unable to get one for me. I can't find one anywhere but the do fit them on higher spec bikes ?

Comments

• gusm41
    gusm41 Posts: 92
    try bikeinn
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    Hylix, FSA or Cannondale are your only choices I think currently, just been through same thing and got the hylix one @131g
  • dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,222
    Giant supply one with their Revolt 1 and 2 gravel bikes, you could see if you could order one through Giant dealer.
  • ayjaycee
    ayjaycee Posts: 1,277
    Hylix, FSA or Cannondale are your only choices I think currently, just been through same thing and got the hylix one @131g

I would be very interested to know how the Hylix post has performed. I had seen them on ebay but was put off by adverse comments on some cheap Chinese carbon components in general and Hylix in particular (also, I decided that I wasn't too bothered about any 'bling factor'!). That said, although it's not exactly cheap as chips, it wouldn't be over priced either if any good.
    Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
    Specialized Allez Elite (Frame/Forks for sale)
    Specialized Crosstrail Comp Disk (For sale)
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    ayjaycee wrote:

I would be very interested to know how the Hylix post has performed. I had seen them on ebay but was put off by adverse comments on some cheap Chinese carbon components in general and Hylix in particular (also, I decided that I wasn't too bothered about any 'bling factor'!). That said, although it's not exactly cheap as chips, it wouldn't be over priced either if any good.

So far so good, Quality seems as good as anything I have had previously, if not better. I have only done a couple of short training rides but feels ok and I'm 88kg, so was a bit worried about me bouncing around on a skinny post and snapping it with ease, but it seems to absorb all the road buzz very well. Had to use a fair amount of friction paste to stop it slipping though
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Enve do one.
    You can get 7x10mm ears for it too if you fancy a saddle with 7x10mm rails.
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    I ride on hylix MTB 29er forks I am still alive. Hylix kit seems fine. There stem/bar combo did not clamp to there fork well but that is a size tolerance issue rather than structural issue. They kit is structually sound. Also got one of there carbon saddles and that has been fine.

I would buy hylix stuff again it is cheap enough and takes a beating when ridden of road.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.