Ride London participants - how do you travel up by train?

sev112
sev112 Posts: 99
So, anyone who's done Ride London...
How practical is it to travel to London via train and underground and make the start time.

I can probably get the bike on a Great Western train to Paddington, but can you take bikes on the underground ?

Comments

• kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    I'd be tempted to either ride it or get in a cab. That early on a Sunday morning the tube service may be patchy
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Getting to the start puts me off this ride. Unless you stay close to the start - it's a pain.
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    torn between driving up on the morning (it's 1.5hrs from home to stratford) or driving up the night before and finding somewhere to parkup with my campervan ...
  • Bear in mind it is the freecycle thing on the Saturday. I'm not in this year but did 2013 and 2015. I go into Waterloo and then do the Freecycle thing, end up at Tower of London, 50 yards from Tower Hill, which is a direct DLR (which you can take bikes on) to excel centre.

You'll never make the start time using trains on the Sunday though - think you'd have to stay over - which is kinda necessary anyway as you have to get your race number on Saturday (or Wed-Friday) anyway
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Oh yer ... bum - forgot about registration ... arse