Production Privee R2R Faceplate Recall

catbaier
catbaier Posts: 123
edited April 2016 in MTB buying advice
Hi,

I just had an email from PP saying that they were sending me a replacement for my R2R stem faceplate due to a possible manufacturing flaw. Personally I haven't had an issue, but it seems only fair to let people know. Especially if you didn't get one direct from PP.

Full text of the email below:
Dear XXX,
In spite of our very high standards in terms of manufacturing, development and engineering, it turns out that a very small number of R2R Stealth stem face plate might have been manufactured outside of the design tolerance.

Under certain conditions, the faceplate could present a crack or potentially break prematurely during use.
We found out that it may be caused by:

-Over tightening torque
-Wrong fitting (top face plate not touching the body of the stem for example)
-Huge stress caused by a nasty crash or any other abuse.

The faceplates concerned by this possible issue have the code "R2R" engraved inside the cap, (see picture attached).

Here at Production Privée, we do not want one of our products to represent a risk for our customers, whatever the reason. This is why we have made a new faceplate, updating the tolerances and the manufacturing process, in order to ensure an optimal and maximal strength under any condition.

Can you please confirm a delivery address to which we can send you a replacement faceplate?

For safety reasons, please refrain from using your bike until you have replaced the R2R Stealth faceplate. This is a precautionary measure that should be respected first and foremost for your safety. Please dispose of the old stem faceplate once replaced.

We are sincerely sorry for this issue and we would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We would like to thank you for your understanding and co-operation. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us at contact@production-privee.com or +376 840 007.

The PP crew.

Comments