New to biking, need to know where to buy the right clothing?

Forbesie007
Forbesie007 Posts: 2
edited April 2016 in MTB beginners
Hey guys My partner has slowly introduced me to a bit of mountain biking, I've now got myself a second had Gt Avalanche an awesome fox helmet and jersey but I've no comfy bottoms to wear! I'd love some baggy shorts but being a woman I've got big hips and a big butt! is there anywhere that caters for the curvier ladies? Thanks

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    For my lighter duty (road or mild off road) I use Azore baggy shots, readily available on ebay for less than a tenner, they are not waterproof but are lightweight, fairly comfy and have lots of usable pockets - also dry very quickly if they get wet.

Despite being a bloke I get the ladies ones as....
    1/ they are cheaper
    2/ They fit me well as I have a big backside and a relatively slim waist (size 14-16 dare I say - the 12-14 fit but are a big 'snug')

If you want something a bit more hardcore then no advice really I'm afraid.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I may never let you forget that you are a man in a ladies body.

Life is good.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • I've really enjoyed Arsuxeo's clothing...recently just ordered some new shorts/shirts for the summer, looking forward to them coming in!
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Forbessie007 - have a look at Endura. They do a nice range of women's clothing.
    My wife wears the Humvee shorts. She and thinks they are great. A good fit and comfortable.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009