Mountain Bike in a Fiesta

Felipe2105
Felipe2105 Posts: 68
edited April 2016 in MTB general
Bit of a random question but does anyone have any advice on getting a mountain bike in the back of a fiesta 3 door (2006)? I'm thinking if I take the front wheel off and the seatpost I might be able to slide it in.

Because of the sun I'm thinking about going for a blast around Cannock Chase tonight :D

Comments

• markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    Back seats down. Passenger seat pushed forwards as far as it can go. If I can fit my road bike in with both wheels on I'm sure you'll be ok.
  • Back seats down. Passenger seat pushed forwards as far as it can go. If I can fit my road bike in with both wheels on I'm sure you'll be ok.

Awesome, thanks mate. I'll give it a go tonight.

I've got a rear bike rack but it takes ages to get on and scratches the hell out of the car! :x
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    I used to take both wheels off my mountain bike when I used to put it in the back of my fiesta. Didn't need to drop the seat or take it out.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    Push the passenger seat all the way forward, and just take the front wheel off and then reverse the bike into the back seat via the passenger door (no need to put the back seats down or to remove any other parts). Do this all the time with my Kona Process 134/2003 Fiesta and it works perfectly. It fits so perfectly that it holds the bike really securely.

I've also got a bike rack for the back but that means you can't open the tailgate so I don't use it that often. I also killed my rear wiper.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I've seen mountain bikes in a Smart ForTwo before. Getting it in a Fiesta is easy. Back seats down and slide it in with the front wheel off.
    My Jaguar XF is more difficult. Despite its size, I have to remove both wheels, pedals and remove pedals and drop the seat post. Mine has the rare optional folding rear seats as well.
  • Ed_P
    Ed_P Posts: 12
    I used to have a little Vauxhall Corsa and I would simply put the back seats down and then push the passenger seat all of the way to the front. If needs be I would even move my own seat as far forward as possible, I used to get a few funny looks, for some reason. :oops: :lol:
  • Bassworm
    Bassworm Posts: 21
    Yep, wheels off, seatpost down, shouldn't be a problem. If I can get my double bass into a Nissan Micra, you should be able to get an MTB in a Fiesta. Good luck.