SPD or SPD-SL

13»

Comments

• Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Carbonator wrote:
    Wilby_89 wrote:
    I find if I'm cycling an unfamiliar route where I don't know the turns that well I stick to SPD's but riding on courses that I've done many times and know inside out I use the SL's.

BikeRadar Gold!

Do you have two bikes or swap pedals over depending on route knowledge of planned ride?
    A magical mystery tour bike! I like it :D
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Carbonator wrote:
    Wilby_89 wrote:
    I find if I'm cycling an unfamiliar route where I don't know the turns that well I stick to SPD's but riding on courses that I've done many times and know inside out I use the SL's.

BikeRadar Gold!

Do you have two bikes or swap pedals over depending on route knowledge of planned ride?

Well I have 2 bikes and I take the one with mudguards if it's raining or forecast to do so, and the other if it's dry. So I suppose the 2 bike theory is possible.

I occasionally have to put flat pedals on my winter bike for my eldest son's GF to ride when she's visiting, and find that a bit of a faff. Can't imagine doing pedal swaps before every ride and then having to go back inside for the other pair of shoes...
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    Perhaps they need to start making pedals with SPD on the back of the SPD-SL, which are only one sided to start with...!