Bike insurance

Holdey
Holdey Posts: 38
edited April 2016 in Road buying advice
Hi all. I'm about the buy a giant defy 2 and would like to know what's the best bike insurance to cover the bike and liability insurance.
Thanks holdey

Comments

• gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,472
    Try your home insurer. I've declared mine as a special item and pay extra for cover away from the home. (Due to an admin error in their payments department) I received £1,200 for post crash repairs to mine before i'd even paid the first installment.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • Whyscotty
    Whyscotty Posts: 25
    Bikmo
  • Hi,

I can recommend the Environmental Transport Association. Green cycling cover with great public liability cover and replacement goods cover, they even do a breakdown recovery service.
  • gsk82 wrote:
    Try your home insurer. I've declared mine as a special item and pay extra for cover away from the home.

This.

I'm with Norwich Union and for a few quid extra I'm covered when I take a bike abroad
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • I tried previously to cover on home insurers i.e. as 'named items' but my insurer wouldn't do it as my bikes (X2) were were > £5000 in total.