New mtb for beginner ideas???

Ant.p
Ant.p Posts: 12
edited April 2016 in MTB buying advice
Got 2000-3000 to spend any ideas please??

Comments

• kickaxe
    kickaxe Posts: 446
    What do you want, where are your priorities, how aggressively and what do you ride, etc...
    -Cube Acid 29" 2013
    -A new Giant Trance 3 2015!
  • Ant.p
    Full Sus, not really sure was looking at the Norco sight 7.1, and mainly trails as I'm just getting started into it.
  • kickaxe
    Giant Trance 1 is a great deal and a great bike. Literally climbs like a hardtail+increased traction, and descends beautifully as well. I can recommend it for the simple reason of it being able to handle almost anything you throw at it.
    -Cube Acid 29" 2013
  • Ant.p
    I currently have a boardman team 650b, is there much difference between them?
  • kickaxe
    Ant.p wrote:
    I currently have a boardman team 650b, is there much difference between them?

Well, they are two different types of bikes, the one being a hardtail and the other a full suspension trailbike, which also changes how they ride. Basically, the Trance will weigh a bit more (not the most important of things if you aren't racing) and cost more, but as a trade off you get a bike that climbs well (it's no joke that it climbs like a hardtail) and also really gives you confidence downhill and can handle most things you throw at it.

They are different, but in a good way.

If you have any questions, ask away...
    -Cube Acid 29" 2013