Sektor silver tk views

Rossf2705
Rossf2705 Posts: 6
edited April 2016 in MTB buying advice
From what I can gather there is no way to increase the ramp up on these forks, I'm looking at buying a calibre bossnut and wondering if the forks will be supportive enough for me without having to run silly high pressures. I'm 14 stone lean and confident(daft?) enough to get out of my depth down Wharncliffe, I ask as I can get a set of mattoc pros off of a friend cheap, but these only go down to 140mm, then I'd be wondering about the geometry.

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    They're good for a budget fork. It's been a few years since I had a set but I was 15 stone and they worked fine.
    They lack the sensitivity and control of a fork like the Pike but they're a considerably cheaper fork.
    At the price you won't really get anything better.
  • Twelly
    Twelly Posts: 1,437
    You can get a new top cap which lets you add bottomless tokens but 14 stone isnt really that heavy. Im 14 (after a big curry) and I run about 55-60psi in my Pike with a couple of tokens, something around 70psi without any tokens. Similar sort of pressures when I had a Revelation.

Just pump them up to get 25-30% sag and ride. If you find its too harsh on the top of the stroke but you cant lower the pressure without bottoming out, then look at adding volume spacers.

If you havent bought the bike yet, go in and ask to have a go. The shop shouldnt have a problem setting the fork to your weight before you test ride it round the car park.
  • Thanks for the insight, which top cap is it for the silvers? From what I can gather the golds are the same aluminium uppers as the revelation and use that cap, the silvers are steel uppers and have a different internal diameter. I don't if I'm right or not, but I've not seen any described as fitting the silver tk model.
  • Twelly
    Twelly Posts: 1,437
    Ah you may be right, I assumed all the 32mm forks use the same top cap. You can oil to reduce the volume though. Just not as convenient as the plastic spacers.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Basic ,heavy fork - but tough, and stiff for a 32mm stanchioned unit. Are easily upgraded with a Motion Control damper which will provide more mid stroke support. The spring is quite progressive anyway.